Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Inn On The Ocean(Kill Devil Hills)
View Hotel
Outer Banks Motor Lodge(Kill Devil Hills)
View Hotel
The Golden Strand(Kill Devil Hills)
View Hotel
John Yancey Oceanfront Inn(Kill Devil Hills)
View Hotel
Outer Banks Beach Club(Kill Devil Hills)
View Hotel
Outer Banks Inn(Kill Devil Hills)
View Hotel
Cavalier by the Sea(Kill Devil Hills)
View Hotel
Shutters On the Banks(Kill Devil Hills)
2,692 results
All reviewsnags headthe outer bankshotel restaurantocean viewindoor poolhot tubhousekeeping staffoff seasonnorth carolinabeds were comfortablebeach accessbeach frontsabrinapeppercornbirdparrotspet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We came down for the OBX wedding expo. I read reviews about construction so I was prepared for that. You walk in through the side door which is no big deal - there's a makeshift desk for the front desk and there were two people working when we came in. We were told that two rooms were open on the fourth floor and were being used as temporary bathrooms.

Check-In went smoothly. We were offered the use of a luggage cart, but we decided just to head up to the room. The room was nice and clean. The view is of a parking lot, and since there was construction going on there was a dumpster - that wasn't so nice lol but it's expected. We heard some construction for a few hours, but by six something pm it was over.

On Friday night, after we got back from dinner, I decided to shower. This was around 10pm, I think. While showering, I heard a loud noise and watched the water pressure go down until there was no water coming out. I turned on the water in the sink- but nothing. I was completely lathered with shampoo in my hair and soap on my body. Luckily I had a few water bottles in the room so I could rinse off, but I was pretty upset. My mom called down and was told that water would be restored by 3am. They weren't expecting it to be shut off. Perhaps they couldn't have given any notice, but it would have been nice for someone to call up or at least state that it was a possibility. I wouldn't have been in the shower. The hotel was very professional and rectified the situation by refunding us the night's stay. That was incredibly appreciated.

The rest of the hotel stay was uneventful, which was nice. We were on the fourth floor and never heard any dogs. We did hear kids (i'm assuming) running back and forth above us a few times at night. Annoying, but not awful- you'll find that in a lot of places that are family friendly.

I think the hotel is going to be great when it's renovated. I'd probably recommend it to people for the rate I booked it. We were able to see an ocean view room (one of the temporary bathrooms) and it was beautiful. If you can, splurge for that. Also, we all thought the patios on the ground floor rooms on the parking lot side were creepy looking. It literally looked like you'd be sitting right in the parking lot. I just wasn't appealing to the eye- so I wouldn't go for that if you have a choice.

Room Tip: We were able to see an ocean view room (one of the temporary bathrooms) and it was beautiful. If you can, splurge for that. Also, we all thought the patios on the ground floor rooms on the parking lot side were creepy looking. It literally looked like you'd be sitting right in the parking lot. I just wasn't appealing to the eye- so I wouldn't go for that if you have a choice.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
RamadaPlazaNagsHead, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and also for sharing your feedback about your recent experience. The renovations we have underway are very exciting however the unexpected surprises we could all do without. Thank you for your patience and understanding about the water situation as it was unanticipated by us as well. We do hope to see you again so that we can show you all of our great improvements. Stay in touch and follow us at: Facebook.com/RamadaPlazaNagsHeadBeach

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I chose this hotel for our 34th wedding anniversary. I found it online, while searching for a couple's pkg. Per the website, the pkg. included rose petals on the bed, free dinner and breakfast with room service, champagne, ( I called ahead and requested sparkling apple cider) chocolate covered strawberries, and movie tickets for two. The only disappointment I had was; upon arrival the room was not prepared as I'd expected based on the website presentation, and the hotel was under renovation also. I discussed my feelings with the manager on staff and she apologized. She was very nice and friendly, and she made a personal trip to the movie theater to pick up the movie tickets for us, when she was unable to find them. A couple of hours after we were settled in our room, we received a call from the restaurant. Shortly after, a beautiful tray with chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling apple cider was delivered. At that point, the previous disappointments vanished. We ordered room service for dinner. The crab cakes we ordered were delicious, (the best I've tasted) and a fairly large size too. Breakfast the next morning was just as good. The staff providing room service were friendly as well. We enjoyed a very good steak and shrimp dinner the next day. The hotel was located ocean front. with great access to the beach. I just regret, that I didn't ask for an ocean view. For the price we paid it was a great deal. When, I spoke with customer service on the phone, the rep. informed that the deal had expired, but she was extending it. I am so glad she did. It was a lovely experience. I look forward to returning in the future. I'm sure the hotel is nice, when it's not being renovated. On our way home, my husband and i talked about the wonder time we had. It's been at the top of my list for conversation.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Happy Anniversary again and we are so thankful that you decided to spend it with us. We’re glad that we were able to quickly get you accommodated with the Romance Package that you arranged and apologize for the slight delay when you arrived. We look forward to seeing you again and do hope that you will stay in touch with us at: Facebook.com/RamadaPlazaNagsHeadBeach

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Our stay was very nice. Checked us in early,
got room we wanted, great room, clean & inviting.
We ordered room service for dinner & The Peppercorn Resturant
made an Awesome Salmon cake & Ribeye meal with rice & steamed
Veggies, with. Sour dough Bread.
Will stay there on return visits.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
RamadaPlazaNagsHead, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

We thank you for staying with us recently and are happy to read that you enjoyed you time both at our oceanfront hotel and in our Peppercorn Restaurant. Please do come back and stay with us again when you are in the Outer Banks area and we hope you’ll stay in touch: Facebook.com/RamadaPlazaNagsHeadBeach

Reviewed January 10, 2013