Let me start by saying that we travel with our 2 chihuahuas and we have to find hotels where theyare welcome. I chose the Ramada Plaza Nags Head Beach because I expected to be able to see the ocean from our room. That was not the case. I wouldn't have minded that so much if it hadn't been for the fact that they seemed to put all the people staying with dogs in one area so that all the dogs kept each other stirred up constantly. One rather large dog in a nearby room seemed to bark at every little noise. Our dogs were miserable because they were sure this giant animal was about to break down the door and eat them! We cut our stay short by a day because we weren't getting any sleep at night. Having travelled with dogs for a number of years, I can honestly say I have never encountered this particular problem before.
The hotel room was clean enough but it seems that other people who travel with dogs aren't quite so cognizant about cleaning up after their animals as we are. Sprinklers running in the night make a minefield out of the grassy areas because of the people who didn't clean up after their animals. That part I am sort of used to but it is no less annoying to know that the reason dogs aren't allowed more places is because their owners are totally irresponsible!
The checkin process was a bit chaotic but that was because there was some kind of a fishing tournament going on and the participants were returning as we arrived. Thankfully, that did not affect the efficiency or the friendliness of the desk personnel. :)
I honestly have to say that I don't know if I'd stay in this particular hotel again based on the premise that for the amount of money we paid for the room combined with the steepest pet fee we have ever paid should have at least put us somewhere that we could see the ocean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront is a great place to relax and unwind while on your coastal vacation. This Ramada property is located directly on the beach! Centrally located (mile post 9 1/2) to shopping, historical sites, and sporting activities, our oceanfront hotel provides convenience to area attractions. Visit the Lost Colony, Elizabethan Gardens, Kitty Hawk, four area lighthouses, Roanoke Island Festival Park, or the Wright Brothers Memorial-site of man's first flight. Restaurant and Lounge and seasonal outdoor deck bar on property. Business center, free guest laundry and free access to local YMCA! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Beach Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Kill Devil Hills Ramada
- Ramada Kill Devil Hills
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills