“Very relaxing”

Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
“Very relaxing”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

After a day in DC we arrived late the desk clerk was very understanding and gave us a better rate and late check out . It was to relax on the beach even at midnight .

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
Reviewed June 22, 2012

It was fine except not much of a man's bathroom at the meeting room.
Also my charger was lost when I changed rooms they did not give it to me.
So I have to buy a new one. The pool closes early and the treadmill closes
earlier. You can get a better discount on things yourself.

rr

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thanks very much for staying with us, and we will be sure to keep an eye out for your charger and contact you if we locate it.
Windsor, NC
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We checked in early to get the top floor with a king size bed overlooking the ocean. Well worth it! The view was fabulous. The room was pretty clean. The bed was comfortable. I'd bring my own pillows next time though as the hotel pillows were too small and fluffy for my taste. I would skip the restaurant altogether! We walked in to a horrid smell--the carpet is old and the place smelled dirty. So we asked if we could sit outside. The outdoor seating was nice with a great ocean view. Unfortunately the bartender was setting up the bar and pushed his cart back and forth, hauled and poured his ice--he made a lot of noise. I realize he has a schedule, but he was inconsiderate of the guests eating. The waittress got our orders wrong, took forever with our coffee and water, and made a mistake on the bill, but the food was okay. I would stay at this hotel again, but I wouldn't eat there again.

Room Tip: Go for the 5th floor away from the elevators, facing the ocean. It's worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lynette449
Angola, NY
Reviewed June 9, 2012

My Mom and I spent a week here in May 2012 and we loved this hotel. We've been coming to OBX for 5 years and by far this hotel exceeded our expectations.
Rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. View of the ocean on 5th floor was very nice. Room is not a suite, but comfortable. The convenience of a refrig and microwave helped a great deal. Nice table to sit at and a oversize chair to relax in. One very big plus is the in-room safe. These seem to be had to find at the OBX.
The food and service in the restaurant were excellent---wish I had known sooner Mom and I would have had another dinner there at the hotel.
The decking to the beach is another plus with foot washes and showers. Chairs are available on the beach for a small cost...keeps people in order.
The view of the dophins was great and we enjoyed walking up and down the beaches.
For those of you who collect "squished pennies" Jennette's Pier and Kitty Hawk Kites have Penny machines---both great places to visit.
We ate a Bare Foot Bernies again...great food. Try Seaside Gourmet to Go for some goodies to bring back to the room! Yummy!!!
Sabrina is a hoot love her antics.
Front desk was very helpful and pleasant...they have the patience of a Saint...working with the public can be very trying at times.
Looking for an adventure drive over to Alligator River Refuge drive very slowly on the trail road and you may see a bear. Just don't get out of your car or feed them. Great to watch and the refuge has events too, so you'll want to check those out.
One place I'd not go back to is Sugar Creek restaurant, maybe it was an off day but the food wasn't very good. The soup came out cold and the grilled tuna wasn't anything to write home about.
If you go enjoy the OBX and all it has to offer.
Thanks to the staff at Ramada you made and mother and daugther trip a beautiful memory!

Room Tip: 5th Floor for the view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ARiley1963
New York City
Reviewed June 7, 2012

If you are not looking for a lavish hotel, this place is great. Breakfasts are simple, well priced, what you'd want in a menu and nicely cooked (something I don't take for granted.) Rooms are simple but clean. I would pay the bit extra for the ocean view. You can stay in your room/balcony and still get the ocean experience. The other side would be far less enjoyable. It overlooks unattractive surrounds.

They have a few nice amenities including vending on each hall, an outdoor bar, indoor pool etc. It's a Ramada, so don't expect the Hilton, but it's good if you are most interested in the beach and a comfortable and clean bed and breakfast. Good for families and couples.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jdmNewYorkCity
RamadaPlazaNagsHead, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thanks for the feedback from your recent stay with us. OBX overall has a relaxed, laid back, stress free type of atmosphere. Our hotel mirrors that attitude in hopes of providing relaxation for all that visit with us. We appreciate your positive comments about our great ocean views, restaurant quality and cleanliness of guest rooms- we’ll be sure to share this with our team here at the hotel.
Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

I came in on June 1st and was scheduled for departure on June 3rd. I had this stay reserved since Feb. I called a few weeks ago to double check on this room and was checking on another for some friends at that time the girl said they were putting me on the 5th floor. When I check in I found out I was on the 3rd floor, when I asked about what the girl said, she tells me there were no rooms available, but I could check on Saturday and move. I got to my room which was the last room down the hall. Go inside and it was horrible. The bed was as hard as a rock, the bathroom was very small and very hot. You could barely look out the window at the ocean, due to it being dirty. I am very dissatisfied with my stay, I checked out on Saturday and went to Comfort Inn and got a awesome view of the ocean. I will never stay at Ramada again nor will I ever recommend anyone to stay with Ramada again. I also noticed the room we got that was Oceanfront in the Ramada did not look anything like the pictures online. Also I noticed our room was smaller then others.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank bocophoto
RamadaPlazaNagsHead, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Our hotel has various room types and views and as you can imagine many of our guests have preferences as to where they would like stay. We do try our best to accommodate everyone’s wishes and manage according to arrival times and availability of rooms. We would like to discuss this with you again personally as we are sorry that you didn’t enjoy your time with us.

Travelers are raving about these Kill Devil Hills hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed for 1 night this past week. We found the room ok. It was big enough, and had a balcony (that overlooked the parking lot) and while it seemed clean enough, there was a bit of a smell. I'm not sure if that's the hotel itself or if its because its in a hot humid area.
We liked their outdoor space. There were nice seating areas, and we liked that it was right on the beach. We did use their indoor pool, which was basic but mostly clean. (room for inprovement - as there was some food on the table areas that had been left by previous guests).
We really liked how central this location was because there was so much to see and do near by. That's why we chose it in the first place.

No breakfast included. Also, we discovered on the reciept slipped under our door that they overcharged us on the room cost, so i had to go to the front desk and get that changed. No biggie, but i didn't like that the paper work wasn't processed properly in the first place.

I'm not sure if I would go back or not. I think we'd probably want to try other options first. But for a first time visit it was ok.

Room Tip: if you don't mind a view of the parking lot you can save extra on a room. Also, read your receip...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
RamadaPlazaNagsHead, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thanks for leaving comments about your recent stay with us. The indoor pool and expansive outdoor deck areas sure are a big hit with our guests and we’re glad that you enjoyed yourself. Although breakfast isn’t always included within every room rate, we do offer fabulous packages (some with breakfast) so be sure to check them out next time. We’d love for you to return again when you are back in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
#13 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#4 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk

Been to Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront? Share your experiences!