The hotel is very clean. Staff works around the clock cleaning and caring for the property. Oceanview room was awesome. Brought my 13yr old daughter & her friend. Was able to give them some freedom because of all the different hang out spots at the hotel. Several levels of decking, swings, picnic tables by swings, seating throughout the hotel. Very nice. They loved it. Very safe environment. Hotel has complimentary washer & dryer & they also supply liquid detergent. Even though they provide towels by the pool, we brought our own towels for the beach. Nice to be able to throw in the washer. Pool was clean but would get cloudy due to guests jumping in without using the outdoor shower & foot sprayer to clean off the sand from the beach. The fridge in the room worked great & was large enough to hold everything I needed. Milk, 3 bottles of soda, almost a whole case of bottled water and breakfast & lunch foods. There is a cabinet over the microwave for other foods as well. This is a pet friendly hotel which I was a little worried about, however they stay on the first floor and to my surprise the grounds were very clean. No sign of doggie droppings anywhere not even on the beach. You can rent beach chairs & umbrella's from the hotel. We brought our own chairs but rented the umbrella every day for $8.00. They even set it in the sand for you and come back for it when you are done. I would recommend getting one. The sand gets very very hot. There is a pizza place right across the street called American Pie, it was good and they also make homemade ice cream-very good too. The restaurant at the hotel makes great breakfast, good burgers & sandwiches. My husband thought the dinner portions were a bit small for the price. Awful Arthurs & The Western Sizzlin were good places to eat. The sun rises between 530 & 6 am. We watched it every morning. Beautiful. The sun sets on the bayside so you can not see that from this hotel. Bring binoculars if you have them. Dolphins swim up & down the shore line every day.Fun to watch. Hope this is helpful to some. I was very happy here and already planning to go back next summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront is a great place to relax and unwind while on your coastal vacation. This Ramada property is located directly on the beach! Centrally located (mile post 9 1/2) to shopping, historical sites, and sporting activities, our oceanfront hotel provides convenience to area attractions. Visit the Lost Colony, Elizabethan Gardens, Kitty Hawk, four area lighthouses, Roanoke Island Festival Park, or the Wright Brothers Memorial-site of man's first flight. Restaurant and Lounge and seasonal outdoor deck bar on property. Business center, free guest laundry and free access to local YMCA! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Beach Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Kill Devil Hills Ramada
- Ramada Kill Devil Hills
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills