“First in Flight is First class”

Wright Brothers National Memorial
Book In Advance
More Info
$16.91*
and up
Beach Cruiser Rental on the Outer Banks
More attraction details
Owner description: Park where visitors can see a replica of the Wright Brothers' plane and receive an entertaining history of flight.
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I have visited many national parks but find this national memorial truly special.

I am still amazed at flight even thought I have flown millions of miles in my life.

To stand on that small mound and to imagine the Wright brothers figuring out how to fly is magical.

The park rangers inside the building were some of the best I have ever seen at discussing the museum.

I would bring anyone to visit this special place in American history.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,489)
All reviews
in 36 reviews
"walk up"
in 71 reviews

Reviewed January 21, 2014

The vastness and the historical significant will blow you away. We drove to the monument instead was walking as it was pretty cold and the wind was blowing. We still need to walk up to the monument but the view was breathtaking. You can almost see the whole surrounding area and the understand that this is the birthplace of modern aviation is simply amazing. It's worth taking to time to walk around and enjoy the view.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

First time I ever climbed to the top of Memorial Hill I was six years old. I'm now closing in on 55 & it is still beautiful, serene & inspiring. Don't miss going to the main center to see the replica glider & first Wright Flyer!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed seeing the story of the development of the airplane and the first flight. Photos, displays, etc. make the learning experience a pleasure.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I visited this national memorial in September. Quite frankly, I was a bit ambivalent about visiting but my husband insisted. I'm so glad he did! The park ranger did an excellent job on the presentation. (It's a must see.) The overall experience was historical yet relate-able because we were told the human story (not just dates, etc.). The grounds are lovely to walk - just wear comfy shoes - markers, monument, sculpture, pavilion, and all. The views at the top are beautiful!

1  Thank KirstenHuggies