We stayed in Room 504. This is an old motel showing it's age. The room was damp and smelled like a wet dog, but that's what you get with 100% humidity of a beachfront hotel without elevation or impediment to the ocean that is also pet friendly. The furnishing seemed new, the room was clean and the air conditioner worked well. There is breakfast, we missed it both days opting to sleep in or swim early. You are paying for direct access & view to the beach. I literally stepped off the deck of our oceanfront room and walked across the sand into the ocean. I've read other reviews listing damp rooms, rust or mildew. We didn't experience rust or mildew, but an old locally owned hotel directly on the beach is going to be ravaged by the elements.
This ain't the Ritz, but the view is worth a million bucks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront motel in the heart of the Outer Banks, NC. Outdoor pool, dune deck, rooms with balconies, FREE breakfast, FREE Wi-Fi, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your John Yancey Oceanfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- John Yancey Oceanfront Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- John Yancey Quality Inn
- Quality Inn Kill Devil Hills
- Kill Devil Hills Quality Inn
- John Yancey Oceanfront Inn Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills