Stay at the John Yancey over Memorial Day , 23rd to 27th.
I booked by priceline, and after reading some of the negative reviews I was ready to call priceline and raise the roof.
I even bought bug spray , fearful of the looming disaster.
However, nothing could be further from the truth. The room was quite adequate, more than I expected, and the carpets were clean and appropriate. Did it smell like saltwater, yep, but I suspect this was because the Atlantic ocean was landing on the beach a couple of hundred feet away, not anything to do with the hotel. Hotel location could not be better, they would have to put it on a pier to get any closer to the water.
The staff could not have been more helpful. Hotel is the place to stay with pets. Quite pet friendly, even furnishing some dry and canned dog food in the room I stayed in.
In the 140 to 160 dollar range on a Holiday weekend I doubt you will find a better value.
I did not use the pool but it appeared clean and a lot of folks were using it.
Check in and out was painless.
For the Outer Banks, good value for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront motel in the heart of the Outer Banks, NC. Outdoor pool, dune deck, rooms with balconies, FREE breakfast, FREE Wi-Fi, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your John Yancey Oceanfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- John Yancey Oceanfront Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- John Yancey Quality Inn
- Quality Inn Kill Devil Hills
- Kill Devil Hills Quality Inn
- John Yancey Oceanfront Inn Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills