FLASHBACK TO 2012: We stayed here in the Sea Bldg. before the renovations were done. During our 4 night stay we had major issues with the water temp. in the shower. After setting the water temperature, it would suddenly become scalding hot then turn cold! After the second occurrence we called the front dest to report it. They sent a guy up. He ran the water from the tub spout (not the shower) and said he had no fluctuation. The next day it happened again. We called the desk. They send a guy up (different guy). He runs the shower and finds what we're saying is correct. He says he'll check the water heater. Never calls or returns with a report. Later that day, while taking a shower it happens AGAIN! Getting burned by hot water is painful! By now we aren't even calling the front desk becasue we know nothing will be done. Day 3, Sunday -we leave for a few hours and when we come back there is NO water! It's turned off! No message on our door, no message on our mashine. Call the desk, water heater went out and they're trying to find someone to come replace it. Imagine that! Three days of water troubles to warn them there's a problem but they wait for the heater to totally fail before calling a real professional!!
Now to July 2013; We see they have completed major renovations in the Sea Bldg. WOW! We're thinking this will be so much better! NOT. The water problem still exists!!
This hotel is overpriced and dangerous. Especially if you have children. The renovation was simply replacement of the second floor "deck" which was rotten and severely overdue for replacement! Stay somewhere else - even it costs a little more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront motel in the heart of the Outer Banks, NC. Outdoor pool, dune deck, rooms with balconies, FREE breakfast, FREE Wi-Fi, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your John Yancey Oceanfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- John Yancey Oceanfront Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- John Yancey Quality Inn
- Quality Inn Kill Devil Hills
- Kill Devil Hills Quality Inn
- John Yancey Oceanfront Inn Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills