“Conveniently Located, Very Clean, an Excellent Value”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kernersville
Tampa, Florida
“Conveniently Located, Very Clean, an Excellent Value”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is an older location that has been very well maintained. Right off the freeway ramp, easy to find. Very fairly priced - an excellent value.

It has park at your door access, excellent FREE WIRELESS, new flat screen Visio Televisions with an extensive Cable lineup.

They have an excellent Continental Breakfast served in a spacious room that catches the morning sun.

The room was extremely clean and well maintained. I was very happy with my stay and recommend it highly.

It has a large and ample parking area, so if you are coming to town as a Contractor or pulling a Trailer, this is the place for you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Pamela W, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for letting others know how your stay was on your last visit to the Quality Inn of Kernersville. We are always delighted to hear when our guest enjoy our facility as much as you did.We strive to keep our property updated with the standards of our franchise & our staff works very hard to make sure our guest are comfortable for the great value we offer.

We will look forward to see you on your next stop in our area. If I can be of assistance please feel free to contact me.

Pam Donnell GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed here on our way to the beach, when we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by a very friendly young man, he recommend places to eat and gave us great directions. The next morning we went to breakfast which was a little plain, but the young lady attending it was very pleasant, she had to show us how to use the waffle maker.check out was fast and easy and we were on our way to the beach happy customers.

• Stayed August 2012
Pamela W, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your nice comments during your visit on your way to the beach. The Quality Inn has reviewed with their staff you comments & praised them for making you comfortable. We hope you will remember us the next time you are beachbound & we would love to see you again.
If I can be of assistance in making your reservations or give you any tips please do not hesitate to contact me.

Lincolnton, North Carolina
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed 2 nights for business, choosing this hotel for price as well as the decent reviews shown online. We complained about the beds after staying the first night. They were horribly uncomfortable, although the desk staff stated that the mattresses were only about 6 months old. I looked at the mattress tag and it was a name brand; Serta, I think. Apparently, it was the very lowest end version of the brand. We are both 60ish in age and suffered from lack of sleep as well as back and neck pain from the poor bedding. We plan on never staying at another Quality Inn....ever again. I also want to mention that the sink and tub drains were clogged and water backed up in both during use.

Room Tip: Quality Inn has low quality bedding. The staff person (a guy) was very nice though, regardless.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Pamela W, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to inform me how disappointed you felt about the quality of the Serta mattress. We use your comments as a building tool & will review this with our staff. I do hope you will afford us another opportunity to make your next trip to our are more comfortable. Please contact me directly so I can help with that reservation. We do strive to make our guest comfortable & want to see you again.

Pam Donnell GM

Travelers are raving about these Kernersville hotels

Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I do not remember the person's name, but he was very professional. I am diabetic and needed to keep my insulin cold. The Ice Machine was not working, so he purchased a bag of ice so we could put some in our cooler. He also took the two ice bags and put them in the freezer in the office to be picked up the next morning. Yes he went out of his way and helped us. A good person to have on the payroll.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know what a wonderful job our Front Desk did while your last stay @ the Quality Inn of Kernersville. We are always delighted to hear when we do a great job for our Guest that mean so much to us. Jon is an asset to the Front Desk staff & we have reviewed with all the staff how he went above his duties to make you comfortable. This is a building tool for all our staff. We have a few rooms with refridgerators & microwaves and are working on in the near future completeing the entire property. We hope to see you again when you are in the Triad area. If I can be of assistance in making your stay more comfortable please feel free to contact me.
Florence, AL
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Older hotel that is clean, with a very friendly and accommodating staff. The fajitas at the on site restaurant were excellent and reasonably priced. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
boss064, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank you for the time you took to respond on the Quality Inn Kernersville NC. We are alway elated to hear when our staff does a good job & have reviewed your comments with them. You gave us that building tool to use to make your next stay with us even better. We are looking forward to your return visit. Thank you once again.

Raleigh
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Kinda pricey for very 'average' motel. Average meaning typical. I will just say I needed rest, so I spent $68.24 x2 (explain in next part). I never expect anything but typical motel from a Quality inn anyway. Room was smelly, and the bathroom was not so clean. And as typical with these 'roach motels' , backed up tub....
Night lady was a little short with me. Seemed I interrupted her private phone call so my attempts to be nice were futile. So this same woman ( hair past her waist) took my $68.24, but said she needed my debit card too, but wouldn't charge it. Well what do you know, she, or they did...48 hours later.

Which brings me to tonight where I call to ask the front desk lady about it. Tonight = 12/2/11 @ 10:45PM....So after her not so friendly "quality INN, how can I help you' I proceed to ask her about why they would do that, charge me 2x, she literally paused for 30 seconds, and I asked her would she like my info, she began to tell me to hold on 'I am trying to get to my screen' and I ask whom I am speaking with, she hangs up. I call back, she hangs up without saying 'quality inn'. So I call back and give her my name and she then tells me that she does not have to give me her name. I provided mine, so I expected to have the name of woman being so rude to me.
I tell her this is a bad time to be looking for a job. She tells me she doesn't need that job, that she is secure. Imagine that?!

On a good note, the chap working in the morning is very nice, and friendly guy, and this is at 7 AM!

Ok, I am done venting, and going on about this. Bottom line, if you have no problem spending around $70 for very typical, sub-standard motel, this is the place!
Just check your bank statement, 2 days later.

Room Tip: Not at Quality Inn Kernersville NC
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mrbrianf
boss064, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Thank you once again for informing me of the service issue you had at the Quality Inn. As in our conversation we have handled the service issue with the staff. We have also retrained our staff so we are able to give the quality service we are known for. Please award us another opportunity to give you the acommodations & service that is our norm. If you are in our area again please notify me so I can assist in making your next stay most comfortable. I am looking forward to hear from you-gm.nc064@choicehotels.com

North Augusta, South Carolina
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Pros: Friendly staff
Nice, well stocked complimentary breakfast
Quiet
Inexpensive
Ample parking
Comfortable bed with lots of pillows
Heater made the room toasty in like 2 minutes
Cons: Burn hole on the bedspread
Next night a roach on the bed. I guess the bug was smoking in bed. Otherwise clean with a little wear and tear.
Not many quick service restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
boss064, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you fo bring to my attention of the problem with the burnt spread-I have reviewed this with our staff so it should not happen again-I also want to thank you for the nice comments you stated & have let the staff know that they are doing a good job. It is nice to hear when our guest are satisfied-I hope to have you stay on your next trip to our area-Please contact me me if I can be of assistance with this-
Pam Donnell GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kernersville
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn Hanes Mall
Sleep Inn Hanes Mall
#20 of 38 in Winston Salem
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greensboro

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!