“Find another place, seriously”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Kernersville
Raleigh
“Find another place, seriously”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Kinda pricey for very 'average' motel. Average meaning typical. I will just say I needed rest, so I spent $68.24 x2 (explain in next part). I never expect anything but typical motel from a Quality inn anyway. Room was smelly, and the bathroom was not so clean. And as typical with these 'roach motels' , backed up tub....
Night lady was a little short with me. Seemed I interrupted her private phone call so my attempts to be nice were futile. So this same woman ( hair past her waist) took my $68.24, but said she needed my debit card too, but wouldn't charge it. Well what do you know, she, or they did...48 hours later.

Which brings me to tonight where I call to ask the front desk lady about it. Tonight = 12/2/11 @ 10:45PM....So after her not so friendly "quality INN, how can I help you' I proceed to ask her about why they would do that, charge me 2x, she literally paused for 30 seconds, and I asked her would she like my info, she began to tell me to hold on 'I am trying to get to my screen' and I ask whom I am speaking with, she hangs up. I call back, she hangs up without saying 'quality inn'. So I call back and give her my name and she then tells me that she does not have to give me her name. I provided mine, so I expected to have the name of woman being so rude to me.
I tell her this is a bad time to be looking for a job. She tells me she doesn't need that job, that she is secure. Imagine that?!

On a good note, the chap working in the morning is very nice, and friendly guy, and this is at 7 AM!

Ok, I am done venting, and going on about this. Bottom line, if you have no problem spending around $70 for very typical, sub-standard motel, this is the place!
Just check your bank statement, 2 days later.

Room Tip: Not at Quality Inn Kernersville NC
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mrbrianf
boss064, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Thank you once again for informing me of the service issue you had at the Quality Inn. As in our conversation we have handled the service issue with the staff. We have also retrained our staff so we are able to give the quality service we are known for. Please award us another opportunity to give you the acommodations & service that is our norm. If you are in our area again please notify me so I can assist in making your next stay most comfortable. I am looking forward to hear from you-gm.nc064@choicehotels.com

Pam Donnell GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
North Augusta, South Carolina
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Pros: Friendly staff
Nice, well stocked complimentary breakfast
Quiet
Inexpensive
Ample parking
Comfortable bed with lots of pillows
Heater made the room toasty in like 2 minutes
Cons: Burn hole on the bedspread
Next night a roach on the bed. I guess the bug was smoking in bed. Otherwise clean with a little wear and tear.
Not many quick service restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
boss064, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you fo bring to my attention of the problem with the burnt spread-I have reviewed this with our staff so it should not happen again-I also want to thank you for the nice comments you stated & have let the staff know that they are doing a good job. It is nice to hear when our guest are satisfied-I hope to have you stay on your next trip to our area-Please contact me me if I can be of assistance with this-
Morehead City, North Carolina
Reviewed August 31, 2011

An older motel with many signs of wear-and-tear, but if all you want is a place to sleep cheap, this is the best buy in K'Ville. Staff was exceptionally friendly. Airport is close by.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Kernersville hotels

Reviewed July 17, 2011

Arrived late in the evening, receptionist was very friendly and check-in was quick. Room was a little small and seemed even smaller with large bed and rest of furniture. The room was clean with average bath facilities. Had a recliner which was great to relax after a full day on the road. They do offer a breakfeast which I did not partake in. Great for people travelling thru. If in area would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
boss064, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the Quality Inn of Kernersville. we are pleased to know when we are satisfying our guest. We hope to see you on your next visit to our area.
Respectfully Pam Donnell GM
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 21, 2011

clean hotel, pleasant to stay - staff was very nice. Breakfast some mornings was a little lacking (eveb atn 7 am ) but for free it wasnt bad at all....overall a good place to stay for business

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
boss064, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Thank you for bringing to my attention the oj & waffle mix condition. I will get with the proper staff to see that problem is resolved in the future. Twas elated to hear the condition of your room was great espically the pillows. I hope to see you on your next return to our area. You contribution helps us run a more efficient property.

Have A Great Summer

Titusville, Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2011

After a horrible experience at The King's Inn around the corner, I stayed at this hotel. It's a bit pricey for what I was needing ($68.84 after taxes), but definitely one of the better properties in the area. Very clean and I loved the pillows so much that I wanted to take some with me, hahaha! I wish every hotel had pillows that were this comfortable.

My only complaint was with the breakfast. The waffle batter had been watered down so much that I couldn't get one made that wasn't an oily mush, even after three tries, so I gave up. The orange juice was also watered down, and they only had skim milk. Yuck!

The manager apologized for the lack of 2% milk and said they weren't expecting the rush they had that week. She couldn't explain the watering down of OJ and waffle batter, so I left it alone.

Overall, it's a nice place to stay. I would do it again, but eat breakfast at the Waffle House across the street.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
boss064, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to inform me of the waffle mix & oj that you had for in the breakfast room during your last stay with us. The staff has reviewed your problems & with comments like the ones you posted have now taught them to remedy those issues. We were p;ease to hear you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us. We hope to see you on your return visit to our area. Please call if I can be of assistance in the future.

Have a safe summer

P Donnell GM
Waynesville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Came to kernersville to see family the staff treated me so much like family it was just as hard to leave them as my real family

Room Tip: all the rooms i bet are the best
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank canesfan53
boss064, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to inform me of your wonderful stay in Kernersville at the Quality Inn. We do appreciate hearing how we treat our guest. You are very important to us as well as your stay at our location. I hope to see you on your next trip in the Triad area & since we are the the Heart of the Triad I hope you will be joining us in the future.Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance @ 336-996-3501.

Pam Donnell gm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kernersville
Sleep Inn
Best Western Plus Hanes Mall Hotel
Comfort Suites Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
#27 of 77 in Greensboro

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!