“Good Seafood” 4 of 5 bubbles

Captain Tom's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 110 Restaurants in Kernersville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kernersville
“Good Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

My wife and I eat here about once a month. Is a good value and food is above average for fried seafood, Not as good as fresh , but we are a couple of hours from coast.
Staff is friendly and efficient. Usually not a long wait.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Richard A

North Carolina
“HUGE Portions of Delicious Fresh Seafood, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I live within walking distance from Captain Tom's and have been eating here since I was a child. They have never once messed an order up, or were rude, or gave me bad food. When I call it in to pick it up, they have it ready within 15 minutes, even if they're crowded inside the dining area. I've eaten a lot of seafood from all over the country (several places in North Carolina, South Carolina, a few in Miami, and also Los Angeles) and I always feel pretty disappointed in comparison to Captain Tom's. Oh and the scallops here are real scallops, not cut from a skate/stingray whatever you call it. I absolutely love this place and feel lucky that it is right down the street from me.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank lapinnacht
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great Family Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Amazing food, love the Mahi Mahi & Ribs. From the salad to hush puppies great food for the money. Family environment and great service. The food is delicious what more can I say. This is a Seafood Restaurant you don't want to miss.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jamaicagirl63
Kernersville, North Carolina
“Great Seafood - Great Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

This restaurant offers some of the best & most reliable seafood you will find in the state of NC. As we traveled the state of NC as a kid, my dad could not pass up a seafood restaurant. We ate seafood from Asheville to Moorehead City & Cap't Tom's compares nicely. I have been dining here for over 40 years. In all that time I do not recall a bad meal.

Some of my families favorites are the oyters which are well cooked - nice & crispy. The popcorn shrimp are great with a favorful light batter not just plain flour. The flounder is worth driving many miles to eat. It has a light batter & is most often thick & juicy. I prefer a thick slab of the dark side of the flounder to the skinless thin pieces found at many seafood restaurants. They offer dark & white skin flounder. The white fish is equally good. This is my 12 year old son's favorite. They do a nice job with their scallops! They offer the large juicy sea variety. The deviled crabs are very good, typical of the type you find down South. They also offer many non-fried seafood dishes. I have tried the blackened grouper which came with a sweet Asian type dipping sauce. It is wonderful. If I could get past the fried seafood, I would eat this dish often. They offer steamed mixed vegetables with the non-fried dishes. And for those in your party that would prefer something other than seafood, they offer steaks & my daughter's favorite - spaghetti.

The cost is very reasonable for the amount of food received, especially the grouper. The staff are always attentive & friendly. The restaurant is light & decorated in a fisherman theme. You can't go wrong eating here. I hope you enjoy as much as we do.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank James A
Kernersville, North Carolina, United States
“Average seafood”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Good and average food. Pretty decent service. Nothing spectacular but nothing bad to say about it either!

Visited December 2013