“Not my kind of place”

Captain Tom's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 111 Restaurants in Kernersville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kernersville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not my kind of place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

Inexpensive decent food with good service but too big and too many people for a relaxing meal.

Visited May 2011

Indiana
“Red Lobster is Better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

Went here based on hotel employee's recommendation for restaurant that was not fast food.
Grilled shrimp was hot but not much flavor even with lemon butter and bland cocktail sauce. Simple salad and plain ole baked potato. Grandson had popcorn shrimp and fries from kids menu and too much food dor a kid. He loved the hush puppies but I didn't realize that was what they were!! I did not care for them. He would not eat the Cole slaw that came with his meal so I did andbit was the best part of the meal. The place was very busy for a Tuesday evening so I assume most people do like it even though it was not for me.

Lexington, NC
“Seafood Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stopped here to eat heading home from a trip. We had a taste for seafood. I only eat fried shrimp, but my husband loves all types of seafood. I had fried shrimp and my husband a platter with a variety of seafoods---shrimp, oyster, scallops, ect. The food hot and fresh. Very enjoyable meal. Price was comparable-not over priced. Conveniently located near interstate.

Visited May 2011
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Captain Tom's is the place to be.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

I love going to Captain Tom's. Even thou they have great seafood. I LOVE there chicken tender.

Visited December 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Best for the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

Excellent food and senior plate more than enough. Very clean and excellent service.

Visited January 2012