“Our new favorite place”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Beautiful atmosphere, we walked in ans thought we were under dressed but we were fine on shorts. My husband was impressed right off that they served coke products and that the butter for the rolls were soft. I had a cup of Texas chili as an appetizer and it was delicious. My husband and I split the ribeye/ribs combo and the steak was incredible and the ribs were even better. We will be sure to make the 35 minute drive to come back. We even bought a pint of the barbecue sauce to take home. And we chose this restaurant because it was #1 on trip advisors list when we searched for a restaurant in Kville.

2  Thank RLNTLSS1

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Our family of 4 visited Outwest Steakhouse this evening. Arrived about 5:45, seated promptly. Our server, Elizabeth, was fabulous. Pleasant, professional, attentive. We ordered Crab soup and Chili as a starter. I wanted to save room for my dinner -- my family reported that the chili was delicious and the crab soup was very good.

Salads were served right away. The house / garden salad presented much more nicely than the Caesar. Crisp and cool. Our server said the dressings are all made in-house.

We ordered Ribeye and Sirloin steaks. The kitchen seemed a little slow but the atmosphere is nice. We didn't mind waiting. Our steaks arrived hot and cooked to order. While they were good, I hesitate to say they were great. My Ribeye was rather plain. Not the nicely marbled steak I have received at other steak houses. It actually presented more like a sirloin. The serving was generous, but thin. I selected a sweet potato side - it was cooked perfectly. Crispy skin, fluffy inside. I opted out of the brown sugar topping. A little butter, salt & pepper suited me just fine.

The prices were high, ranging from $17 (sirloin) to $22 Rib Eye. With 2 cups of soup and 3 sodas, check was around $85 for a family of 4 (remember one of us ordered soup as an entree). All in all, it was a good experience and I would make a return trip to Outwest.

Next time, I might try the chilli. Ask for Elizabeth - she is terrific!

P.S. We were relieved to learn that we weren't seeing double -- Elizabeth's twin is also a server at Outwest.

2  Thank TJCaudill
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I go to Outwest at least once a month. Excellent steaks! The best around! Wonderful service as well! A definite recommendation ... you won't be disappointed!!

2  Thank JennyLeighHamilton
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Our meal was very filling & the price was a value for the quanity.Even with a lounge attached we did not feel uncomfortable with the children eating there

2  Thank janet t
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Took my mother there on Mother's Day. we both had the prime rib. Still have the best prime rim in town

2  Thank Perry S