“leisure travel”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kernersville
Baltimore
“leisure travel”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Very nice place to stay when traveling across the State of NC. Very nice free breakfast. Close to historic Salem in Winston-Salem. Very easy access to maon highway. Staff is very friendly. Book ahead as this place will fil up most nights.

Room Tip: Second floor King non-smoking is a nice quiet room for the traveler.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank allanon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Ditto as stated by another reviewer re Ashley, top notch front desk worker. It was a great relief to stay in a Holiday Inn and getting exactly what I expected. Clean room with all the small things in place. Very quiet despite being right by I40. As always a nice touch having free copies of newspaper along with free wi-fi and breakfast.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms facing hi-way were no issue with noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while speaking at a local conference and I have never been so impressed with a front desk worker as I was with Ashley Gentry. She was kind and calm and efficient. a great find.

Room Tip: Try to stay far away from the breakfast lobby if you want to sleep in.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Lake City, Florida
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Nice hotel, everything was as to be expected from a Holiday Inn Express, hotel has a great location and easy access from 1-40 East or West. Two exits East there are many restaurant and
movie theaters. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I recently spent the three day Memorial weekend in Kernersville. I had a handicapped room with an adjoining 2 bed room for my daughter-in-law and 2 year old granddaughter. We had a late arrival and we were very impressed the friendliness of the staff. Being early risers we went to the breakfast buffet., I know it was intended to be self-serve but being in a wheel chair and having the 2 1/2 year old, the lady in the dining room was FANTASTIC! She was kind to everyone and went out of her way to keep everything hot and stocked. Then when we went to leave that day for my son's house I talked to the desk clerk about directions/map. I explained where we had been and felt his directions were difficult. She gave me 3 different maps and her best recommendation. It was great. I would like to see ANGELA and PAT commended for their superior job. I'm sure Ill be there again.

Lenita Stephan

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lenita S
Milford, New Jersey
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed here last weekend as we were in town for a wedding. The hotel was nice and clean and the staff was very friendly. As for the room, we stayed in one of their suites which contained a king size bed and a sleeper sofa. The room was okay, nothing fancy but the noise from the highway was awful as the room we were in directly faced the highway. If you are staying at this hotel I would book a room that doesn't face the highway.

Room Tip: If you are staying at this hotel I would book a room that doesn't face the highway.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Frederick S
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Our stay at Holiday Inn Express in Kernersville was AT FIRST very deceiving, I automatically thought the worst due to the hotel being smaller and a little older... To my surprise, everything changed when I walked through the front entrance!! The hotel is a little smaller than what we are accustom to but I did learn that this is not always a bad thing. You tend to get better service because there aren't as many guests for the staff to tend to. When i checked in the lady at the front desk, Meridith, was very professional, courteous and knowledgeable. She went above and beyond during our entire stay taking care of my family and myself. Meridith was extremely knowledgable about the area. She gave me her opinion on dinner, keeping my family and our requirements in mind. She also printed off directions to my destination, explaining them as well when she could've just handed them to me. This is just my extraordinary experience at checkin. The rest of my stay was just as pleasant!! The rooms are very clean, breakfasts was a "hot breakfast" and not the usual "continental breakfast" that is also included in your stay rate. Also FREE Wifi included, this helps so much with my children (we stayed while my children were in school but were able to keep up with their classroom work due to free wifi) and working while away from work!! All staff, including housekeeping were very respectful and courteous!! I would defiantly recommend anyone to stay at this IHG Hotel, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: I would recommend staying on the second floor for several reasons, especially with children!! If yo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Familyman P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kernersville
Sleep Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Winston-Salem Downtown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greensboro Airport
Fairfield Inn Greensboro Airport
Wingate by Wyndham High Point

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kernersville? Share your experiences!