“Right off the exit at RT. 40”

Holiday Inn Express Kernersville
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Kernersville
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Comfortable hotel, nice staff, very helpful. Room was largish. Cookies at dinner time. There was some traffic noise, but it certainly did not bother us. Breakfast was nice, bacon and eggs, pancakes, muffins, etc. Enough seating in the breakfast room. Hotel was clean if a bit worn, but the price was right.Bed was comfortable. One drawback...not enough plugs for phones, etc.

Room Tip: For more quiet, ask for a room on the parking lot side.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Stewies_Mom
hiekernersville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kernersville, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We strive to deliver great service and comfortable accommodations to our valued guests every day and we are happy you took the time to acknowledge our efforts. We hope to have you back with us again in the near future.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I recently had to make an emergency trip up to the Kernersville / Winston Salem area on Sunday night for a Monday morning meeting. I wasn't sure I could find a room this late on Sunday to book that would not be overpriced or was I going to forced to stay at some el-cheap-o dump. The Holiday Inn Express in Kernersville on Highway 66 came through with a great rate and a quiet room. Then to top it all off the breakfast the next morning was hosted by this most wonderful and kind lady. I tell you she could have been Mrs. Santa Claus she was so kind and helpful. Thank you Mary in the breakfast area and thank you Holiday Inn Express for coming through..

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side. Its quieter as it is close convenient proximity to the interstate.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank rickautry

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service.We will be sure to pass your kind words along to Mary. Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

No hot water for two days in a row. Management says too many people are taking showers at same time and won't have someone look at it. Don't all hotels have this issue? I've never had a hot water problem at any other one. I like the place other than that but with no hot water, we need to find another place to stay for our remaining three nights.

Stayed: November 2013
hiekernersville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kernersville, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. My apologies for the inconvenience you had with the hot water, this is not the typical experience received by our guests and I extend my most sincere apology to you. I appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests & this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Kernersville, you will give our hotel another try.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for one week while visiting some family. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The staff is amazing. Mary, who worked the breakfast area, was so sweet and helpful every morning. The desk staff including Angela and Leah were always smiling and very helpful. I will always stay at this Holiday Inn when I visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank David H
hiekernersville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kernersville, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. We hope to have you back with us again in the near future.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at this property and were pleasantly surprised. The facility is a bit older than the hotels we have become accustomed to staying at, and at first I must admit that I thought that I would end up really disappointed. My concerns were put to rest early on at check-in. Meredith is truly an asset to this particular HIE. She really went above and beyond to make sure that my family and I were comfortable, and her attentiveness and hospitality exemplified what customer service should really be about. Our room was clean and comfortable. No problems were encountered. Breakfast was well-stocked, and Pat made sure that everyone had what they needed. The location is convenient to Winston Salem and Greensboro, but removed from the congestion that often accompanies being closer to the cities. Overall, I would recommend this location to anyone needing to stay in the area that is looking for an economical option to other local hotels.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 50Flo

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was visiting family here in North Carolina in the spring. Pat the hostess running the breakfast bar was very helpful and friendly. The over all area was clean and well stocked at breakfast. I loved the hotel and its location was very accesable to meet all my needs. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I will return to this propery soon in the near future. Keep up all the good work guy's there in Kernersville, NC.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank j h
hiekernersville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kernersville, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at HIE in Kernerlsville, Everyone was very kind and helpful. We especially enjoyed the Continental breakfast. The hostess, Pat, was a pleasure to meet and greeted everyone with a smile. She did an outstanding job keeping the breakfast bar stocked and was attentive to everyone. We would definitely recommend this location and its staff to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JID47

Thank you for staying with us. We all work very hard to ensure that our Team takes care of every guest. I will pass your kind words to Miss Pat. Thank you again for your business, and hope that you will come back and visit us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kernersville
Hampton Inn Kernersville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 3 in Clemmons

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kernersville? Share your experiences!