“Could do better!”

Holiday Inn Express Kernersville
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Kernersville
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We often stay at Holiday Inn Express as we have been in some impressive hotels, unfortunately this was not one of them!
This is a small hotel which seemed to us as a little dated. The room we had was fine although the bathroom was very small and was clean and functional. However the small outdoor pool was filthy. I watched guests get in the pool and jump straight back out again when they saw how dirty it was! On three separate occasions we went to the front desk to speak to a receptionist and on each occasion we waited over 10 minutes for someone to come out and deal with us. There was never any apology given. I asked a cleaning lady where the towels for the pool and sun loungers were kept she spoke no English so I was left somewhat bemused as to where they were!
The only member of staff who should be praised is the lovely older lady who deals with the breakfast, she is a credit to the hotel, its just a shame all the staff weren't like her!
I think there must be better hotels around and I would be most unlikely to give this hotel a second chance!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nic675
hiekernersville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kernersville, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and clean accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectations regarding customer service and cleanliness. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My hubby and I stayed here last weekend and it was so nice and quiet. The breakfast was good too and they even had bacon. YUM!!!!! I would stay here again and may in the near future when I visit NC again.

Room Tip: Right off of the interstate and great location.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cynluvs2travel
Reviewed February 11, 2013

this hotel is the best hotel i have ever stayed at. me and my husband travel alot for his job and we come here quite often. the rooms are always clean, never any funny smells or hair on the bed no bugs ...etc... the front desk staff are always friendly. always willing to go above and beyond to make sure your stay here is the best it can be. and the housekeepers are very honest. i have left jewelry and cash out and i never had anything go missing. also the hotel is very quite and the beds are comfortable. if you come to kernersville, nc this is the place to stay!!!!

Room Tip: upstairs is very quite
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Brooke D
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My family of 1 child and spouse stayed two nights here (December 2012). Bathroom is a bit small and the water pressure is so-so, however the staff is very friendly, the room was clean, cookies were delicious, and the breakfast was totally wonderful. Got the holiday rate and the price paid was totally worth the experience. Since they have no meeting rooms, they allowed my family and other visiting family members to meet in the breakfast room during the evening. Asked for additional towels and had no problem in getting them. Bed was great along wth the four pillows on each bed (with soft and "hard" pillows available).

Room Tip: Stayed on the first floor. Although the property is next to the interstate and our window faced the...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank FloridaPete583
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Noisy AC/Heater, plenty of road noise, so-so bed, not enough towels, tiny bath, barely hot shower at full hot = $60.00, not the $100.00 I paid. This was the sixth hotel on my trip and was by far the worst value. Hampton, Hyatt, and Comfort were all superior. Kept seeing the HI Express so I had to try one. I don' t know if this property is representative of the chain but I'll be staying eslewhere.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank sticks97687
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at this location based on a review from TripAdvisor and I am so happy I did. As I was sitting in Weston, WV waiting for my lunch to arrive, I received a call from Tara at HIE. She had a guest who needed a room with 2 queen beds and asked if I would be willing to switch to the only room left, a room with 1 king bed. She explained that the guest had 2 children with him and if there were not 2 beds, he would have to take a second room. I said sure. She was shocked and so thankful. WHen I arrived, she greeted me enthusiastically, said that the other guest was so thankful as he was in town for his sister's funeral and just so happy that they could all be in one room. I was so impressed that this young woman would go out of her way to try to accommodate a guest. Who wouldn't want to stay in a facility like this!

Room Tip: This is a very quiet hotel. If you like Pepsi products go with the first floor, Coke products are o...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Charlene K
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My family and I stopped here on the way home from myrtle beach. it was a very pleasant stay. the rooms were very clean and the girl at the front desk was extremely help when we were trying to decide where to go for dinner. The next morning, the lady in the breakfast room was great and there was alot of variety of food for my kids. We know where to stop by next year when we go on our vacation!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Debra K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kernersville
Hampton Inn Kernersville
Econo Lodge
#4 of 6 in Kernersville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kernersville? Share your experiences!