“Little Town ..... Nice Flavors ..... Worth A Visit”

Bistro B and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro B and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 111 Restaurants in Kernersville
Cuisines: Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Triad, NC
“Little Town ..... Nice Flavors ..... Worth A Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

After returning from a week in California, my wife and I headed to the Bistro B for selection of small plate dinners. We opted for the the beef/chorizo epanadas, braised beed short ribs and beef sliders. All were cooked nicely and had good flavor. The only down side was the beef slider may have had a bit too much char.

I chose a recommended Chardonnay and found it refreshing. The wife stuck with a glass of ice water.

Great fresh crispy crusst bread!!!!

We'll be back!!!! A nice place. Front of the house staff and waiter were friendly and responsive.

• Visited August 2013

North Carolina
“Good food, not very good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I thought the atmosphere of the restaurant was very nice and cozy for the most part. We were seated in the bar area at a small table. My view was of the enormous TV hanging over the bar. It was a bit distracting, and took away from the atmosphere. If I visit again, I will ask to not be seated in the same area.

The food was good. We shared a calamari appetizer which was very tasty and a good value. My friend ordered the lamb chops which were ample in size and a fair price. The chops were served with mashed potatoes and sauteed vegetables. Again, I felt the dish was a good value for the price paid. My dish was scallops, which consisted of 5 large scallops served over decorative florets of mashed potatoes with a vegetable which I thought was broccoli rabe, but was something else. The dish was a bit too spicy for my taste, especially the vegetable. The bread (which you must request) was delicious and served with olive oil.

Apparently, they were having service issues as one server called in sick (at least that was what the table near us was told). While pleasant, our waitress was very distracted. She took long periods before returning to our table. We were without water several times; she forgot a drink which my friend had ordered; it took a great deal of time for her to return back to the table after giving her my credit card for the bill. Our dinner was much more leisurely than it needed to be due to the service.

I hope they address the service issue as this could be a very good upscale restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
Greensboro
“Going Downhill...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I used to love that place. I always loved the food, the pace, and atmosphere.

I went with my family this Saturday. We ordered a bunch of tapas, no entrees. I made sure to tell the waiting staff to pace the tapas arrival and they told me not to worry. Alas mostly everything came together; the cheeses and salad together with the hot shrimps and mushrooms (as long as other things but i won't tell my whole choices here). The place was not as busy as usual, so it's possible the chef just wanted to be done early...Who knows?? They also added 1 order by mistake. I told waiter about it. After a brief discussion, I kept it by the table. I thought they may just take it off the bill, which they didn't. Again I didn't make a big deal. The food items were good, but it's hard to enjoy when everything comes at once.

For the dessert, we ordered a creme brulee. I think the crust needed a hammer to be broken. It was obvious it was just microwaved. I have no idea how service went from excellent to mediocre within few months. I don't think I will make the trip from Greensboro anymore. It's a shame...

• Visited June 2013
Winston-Salem
“Unexpected small town treasure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

We enjoyed a return to Bistro B and to the warm hospitality of the staff. The food was, once again, characteristically, good.

• Visited May 2013
High Point, North Carolina
“Great atmosphere and food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

We hadn't been in a while and made reservation last minute which is great to be able to do! We just won't go to restaurant without reservations available - nothing worse than waiting around when you're hungry and want a glass of wine! Very crowded when we got there but seated right away. Bartender Mike waited on us - great service and advice on wines and tapas selections! The scallops with rapini were excellent! Good Vino Verde wine and cabernet on wine special. My husband got the octopus as usual and loved it! Sorry there was no music... but otherwise very enjoyable dinner!

• Visited April 2013