“Excellent BBQ. Be sure to answer the Trivia Question at the counter!”

Prissy Polly's Pig Pickin' BBQ
Ranked #2 of 111 Restaurants in Kernersville
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Excellent BBQ. Be sure to answer the Trivia Question at the counter!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I have been eating at Prissy Polly's for over a decade. They have catered for us, fed us and always have delivered what they promise.

You can have Eastern (Vinegar based) or Lexington (Kerchup based) pork BBQ. Their sides are wonderful. Today my wife and i had Eastern style with a side salad, cabbage and green beans. Since I am cutting back on carbs, I passed on the hush puppies (I'm still crying). Also bought 2 pounds of BBQ to take to my mom.

I eat BBQ in places all over NC. Prissy Polly's is in my top 5 places. The decor is really cool. The service is self serve (get your own drinks. But like a really good fish camp, this place delivers.

• Visited June 2013

North Carolina
“Seems different”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We've been here before and thought it was very good, but the food seemed off this time. The barbecue was dry and the eastern slaw was very bland. My other concern is that the portions are too large. I would suggest they offer a 1/4 plate. The decorations are beyond hokey, but it's a barbecue place, right?

• Visited June 2013
Louisburg, North Carolina
“Delicious BBQ”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was in your restaurant May 14, for the first time. I was very impressed with the service and the delicious food.
I am from the eastern part of N.C.therefore the eastern recipe of BBQ is my favorite. Also, had okra & slaw prepared the way I make these dishes in my kitchen. My friends & I got to meet the young couple who run the restaurant, very nice & appreciative of our business. I am definitely going to stop the next time we are in the area.

• Visited May 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Prissy's 10x better than Carter brother's!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Prissy Polly's is SO much better than Carter Brother's! And cheaper! Carter brother's has really raised their prices lately.. it's like paying steakhouse prices!

I love the Lexington style BBQ (sweet and tomato based.) I like that they have two different sauces to choose from, not just Eastern like CB. Very good slaw and "BBQ" taters-they are boiled potatoes w/ a great seasoning on them. When I get a craving for some good BBQ - I always come here, it's the best and close by! Pretty affordable too - get a big BBQ sandwich, side, slaw, & a drink for $6.50. They also have different choices if you're not looking for Q - chicken, shrimp, fish, meatloaf, ribs...

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank SBgal_xo
Kernersville, North Carolina
“Skimpy Meals”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Not a fan of ordering at a counter. The food is passable but not exceptional. The night I was there there was a family with unruly screaming kids behind me. Guess that's what you get when you are only one step above Burger King!

Visited January 2013