“Prissy's 10x better than Carter brother's!”

Prissy Polly's Pig Pickin' BBQ
Ranked #2 of 111 Restaurants in Kernersville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Prissy's 10x better than Carter brother's!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Prissy Polly's is SO much better than Carter Brother's! And cheaper! Carter brother's has really raised their prices lately.. it's like paying steakhouse prices!

I love the Lexington style BBQ (sweet and tomato based.) I like that they have two different sauces to choose from, not just Eastern like CB. Very good slaw and "BBQ" taters-they are boiled potatoes w/ a great seasoning on them. When I get a craving for some good BBQ - I always come here, it's the best and close by! Pretty affordable too - get a big BBQ sandwich, side, slaw, & a drink for $6.50. They also have different choices if you're not looking for Q - chicken, shrimp, fish, meatloaf, ribs...

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank SBgal_xo

Kernersville, North Carolina
“Skimpy Meals”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Not a fan of ordering at a counter. The food is passable but not exceptional. The night I was there there was a family with unruly screaming kids behind me. Guess that's what you get when you are only one step above Burger King!

Visited January 2013
Jamestown, NC
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Many people have recommended this place to us, but we were not that impressed. Looks cute, but bar-b-que not that exciting. The place was clean, but we like our "que" with a bit of a zing to it. If I were you, I'd give it a try if I was hungry, but it is not the best we have ever eaten.

Louisville, KY
“Great spot to stop on I-40 between Greensboro and Winston.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have stopped at Prissy Polly's BBQ several times when traveling through North Carolina. Other reviews are correct- their hushpuppies are really good! You get a choice of Eastern style (vinegar based) or Lexington style (sweeter tomato based) bbq. Sweet slaw is very good as is the fried okra. Lots of other choices like fried chicken and good sides but we always get the BBQ. Very comfy, fast, but not "fast food" and a great place to stretch and have some southern sweet tea. Kids plates too....you will see plenty of locals so you know It's good!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank 4kytravelers
United States
“Outstanding BBQ!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

This restaurant offers two kinds of North Carolina BBQ, eastern style and Lexington style. We chose the Lexington style on our visit, and were not disappointed. The BBQ was very meaty. Nothing but meat, and nothing else chopped up with the BBQ. Absolutely outstanding. There are a variety of offerings to choose from in the way of plates, sandwiches, and sides. This is one of the best BBQ places I have visited over the years. Definitely worth trying. You won't be disappointed. The facility is also roomy, and nicely decorated with old-time memorabilia. The staff members were also helpful and friendly. Overall, a great BBQ joint!

• Visited February 2013