“Been there a couple times and never really been impressed.”

Prissy Polly's Pig Pickin' BBQ
Ranked #2 of 115 Restaurants in Kernersville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I have tried the chopped plate and sandwich both were just so-so. The sides were not good bbq beans were basic and blah. My cajun mashed potatoes were nasty instant potatoes with some old bay sprinkled on top. Feeding 2 with one soda cost $18+. I consider that a poor value.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Prissy Pollys BBQ is a disappoitment - the BBQ is dry and not flavorful. Undoubtedly the cuts of meat they use are not good, because the flavor is not in it. I was hoping for a good BBQ restaurant in Kernersville.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Good BBQ with a sweet Lexington style sauce, slaw is ok. Their brunswick stew is slightly different from other places, has more of a kick to it and is not as sweet.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

As far as I know, Prissy Polly's is the westernmost outpost of good Eastern North Carolina barbeque, and as a native Easterner I can say it is among the best I've had. Folks tell me their Lexington style is good too, but I don't traffic in such stuff. Great, friendly people, good take-out and picnic deals, and easy to find off I-40 Business. VERY unusual to find a place that specializes in both kinds of "real" NC barbeque, but this place pulls it off!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I took a group of 10 people here. I did not know what to order so asked them to just put a plate together for me...I received 2 types of BBQ and side of their beans and brunswick stew. The stew was great and the BBQ was was done perfectly. The staff was extremely pleasant and immediately put tables together to address the group i was bringing in. This was my first time there and i will definately be back!