“No military discount and raising rates during special events” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kernersville
piedmont,al.
“No military discount and raising rates during special events”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed @ this hotel during Thanksgiving while visiting family and rates were very reasonable along with it being a very nice 3 day stay. We were planning to return to area to visit again only to find the rate had gone up $40 with NO military discounts given because of an international furniture mart being held close by. Not a fan of this type of business!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank greatday02
Pamela W, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for selecting the Sleep Inn of Kernersville when in our area. We do regret that sometimes (not too often) we have increases on our rates & you came to town when one of those events took place. We had very few rooms that were open for sell & fortunately you received one of those open rooms .

We look forward to your return visits the next time you are in our area & value your patronage.
Thank you again for expressing your concerns.

Respectfully

Pam Donnell GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Goffstown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

For the nondisabled traveler, this is a great place. Location off Interstate 40 is convenient, with many restaurants/gas stations nearby. This hotel would have gotten 5 stars if I hadn't encountered accessibility issues.

It is very clean, recently renovated or new (couldn't really tell) and the staff was exceptional: Friendly, professional and knowledgeable about the area. Lobby is quite nice. Beds were very comfortable.

Continental breakfast was exactly as expected...well stocked, decent variety.

My husband owns a bedbug remediation company so we are very aware of that issue, and this hotel had zero traces of a problem.

Patrons who are physically challenged, however, should call ahead for details. I'm in a wheelchair, and we booked an accessible room with roll-in shower. While the bedroom was OK, the bathroom was not. If my husband hadn't been there I wouldn't have been able to shower. The shower "chair" was really a stool. It was too low for me to use a transfer board between my wheelchair and the stool. A simple fix would be an adjustable height shower chair. And the nonskid tape on the shower floor was worn out, so when my husband tried to lift me my feet were slipping on the wet floor. It was not safe.

I couldn't pull up next to the toilet and transfer. There was no room. I used my transfer board, but had a hard time positioning the wheelchair where I needed it because the hand towel rack was on the front of the sink and in the way.
When I went to blow dry my hair, I could only see the top of my head -- the mirror was about 6 inches too high.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pamela W, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for the time you took to let us know how well you enjoyed the newly renovated room. The staff & I appreciate the recognition & it was our pleasure to serve you. Thank you also for letting us know of the physically challenged issues you encountered & we appreciate you taking the time to open our eyes on these issues. We will look into your comments as we want all our guest to be comfortable. We us these comments as building tool as we look through the eyes of the guest who use our facility.
Once again thank you for your very valuable comments. We hope you will come back the next time you are in our area.

Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Great hotel, and newly renovated. Large guest rooms, and bathrooms with all new furniture and paint.
Nice breakfast including fresh fruit, and fresh hot coffee. An excellent choice when you are in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pamela W, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for your recognition about the newly renovated room you enjoyed on your last visit to the Sleep Inn. We appreciate when our guest expectations are met. We are delighted to hear when the jobs we do are well.

We hope to see you on your next visit to our area. Once again thank you for your comments.

Pam Donnell
Kannapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I travel quite often and liked the availability to I 40 and Greensboro. The staff could not be friendlier...very welcoming & accommodating. The renovated rooms are nice but a little tight. Very clean & had everything you needed. I was able to check in early...and had a late night arrival...but was disappointed to arrive to my room after an exhausting day to find the rooms across the hall were not honoring the no smoking...even though the hotel advertises a complete Smoke Free hotel. The smoke was so bad, that even with my door closed...the smoke came through the door. I called the front desk and the staff was aware but there was little they could do. I have a high allergic reaction to cigarette smoke and was very worried. The front desk offered me another room...but who wants to move at midnight? Besides the disappointing "Fully No Smoking" hotel that I sought & needed for health reasons, I was somewhat satisfied...oh, there are NO elevators in this hotel...so if you have a heavy bag or multiple bags...you have to carry them up steps. Even though the staff were wonderful, I will not be visiting this hotel again...Thank you.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Gilda B
Pamela W, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for informing me of the smoking issue you experienced on you visit to the Sleep Inn. We have worked very hard on a total renovation & it breaks our hearts to find that a guest abused our NON SMOKING policy. I can only hope you will offer us another opportunity to serve you again. We do appreciate the good rating given, but are upset with the smoking issue.

Once again thank you for letting us & others know that NON SMOKING properties are that way for many reasons & for smokers to be courteous & be thoughtful of others.

Kernersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I travel 20 days out of the month and this is the best place to stay. Angel and Jason have welcomed me every visit with great personality! I have the opportunity to stay other places but their welcoming attitude wants me to only stay here. I have been given a great rate for my frequent stays (but unfortunately that no longer available) - this rate needs to come back. I would HIGHLY recommend staying here, clean rooms but I stay here for Jason and Angel's persistence to great customer service. They are a great addition to this company.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pamela W, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stays at the Sleep Inn of Kernersville. From Jason, Angel & the entire staff we want to thank you for the recognition of their professional & friendly attitudes along with their helpfulness. We strive to make all our guest feel welcome with excellent guest services. The housekeeping staff also thanks you for the recognition of their cleanliness of our newly renovated property. We look forward in serving you each & every time you return.

Once again thank you for being such a loyal guest to the Sleep Inn & for your fantastic coments.

Hubbard, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

We were very pleased with the room and the staff was very friendly. We were exhausted from traveling and we found this hotel not far off the interstate. We were able to get checked in quickly and found the beds to be very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pamela W, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for reviewing us about your visit to the Sleep Inn of Kernersville. The staff & I are pleased you found us pleasant as this is an important task we strive to be. We have done a total renovation on all guest rooms & your comfort was our pleasure.
We hope you will join us the next time you are traveling back through our area. Thank you once again.

Respectfully

Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Next time I come to the Triad area this is where I WANT to stay. Great location, quiet, convenient, newly renovated rooms. Wonderful breakfast area and nice breakfast. The staff was very helpful and welcoming!!! The nicest Sleep Inn I have ever stayed at. Thank you so much!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pamela W, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
John, the staff & I want to thank you for your wonderful comments about your last stay @ the Sleep Inn in Kernersville. WELCOME to our family. We are excited on how beautiful the renovations turned out & love to hear how much our guest appreciate our efforts.. We will look forward to your return visits HOME.

Pam Donnell GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kernersville
Holiday Inn Express Kernersville
#32 of 76 in Greensboro
Quality Inn and Suites Airpark East
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greensboro
Seven Oaks Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!