“Good place and great staff!”

Econo Lodge -Kannapolis
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Kannapolis
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good place and great staff!”
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I stay in hotels many nights for work and I must say this place is great. The hotel is older but they keep it clean and are always on the ball to help. Two days after I checked out I was driving through Kannapolis and needed to send faxes and stopped at the hotel, the manager faxed them right off for me and when I asked her how much? She just said not to worry about it, we take care of our guest! Now that is service.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank rivaseduardo99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Indiana
Reviewed January 4, 2010

ROOM ---First of all we only had two wash clothes, then no toliet paper, and the
second day the room was not swept ( vacumed)

BREAKFAST ROOM ----- Poor selection of donuts: only mini powdered sugar
and mini chocolate, not fresh.
Would constantly run out of one item or another and have to go tell the
clerk to please make coffee, refill orange juice, etc. etc.

LOBBY RESTROOM--- No paper towels to dry your hands on in either rest room.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Richmond, VA
Reviewed October 28, 2009

For an Econo Lodge it is pretty good. I stay at many Econo Lodges for the value and because I appreciate the branded name. This is definitely one of the better ones where I have stayed. Bathrooms are nice, the rooms are pretty comfortable and the rate is very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank LoriMT
N.C.
Reviewed November 13, 2008

As I spent the weekend at the racetrack in Concord, all I needed was a clean room and a comfortable bed - I got both.
If I had paid more than $60 a night I probably would have been disappointed - the fridge didn't work very well, the a/c was slighlty schizoid, and the "breakfast" was pretty pitiful ( luckily, there's an IHOP about 100 yards up the street!).
As I didn't pay more tha $60, I thought the place ok.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Appliances erratic
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank ETBass
Tampa
Reviewed November 20, 2007

This is a great place for a great price. Very comfortable, clean and enjoyable stay. Staff is attentive and friendly!

• Stayed October 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Sephol
Tennessee
Reviewed May 10, 2007

Hotel looks nice from the street, however, inside the rooms are a different story. Not clean, smelled of smoke even though it was a non smoking room. Drunks removed by police from the parking lot at 5:00 in the afternoon. Breakfast is the best cereal & powdered donuts in town (if you like that). Life is too short to spend $55 a night for a dump. Spend a little more & move on to another hotel. Note to self, Don't stay at EconoLodge Kannapolis.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Mark M
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 29, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Econo Lodge while attending the Charlotte race. Unfortunately we did not have a very enjoyable stay!! The room was dirty!! The air conditioner stopped working several times. The small refrigerator in our room had a small shelf that kept falling out. The rooms were supposed to have a microwave; our room did not. We were told it would have one on our "next visit". The bed didn't even have a fitted bottom sheet. One day the room wasn't even cleaned, therefore, we didn't get clean towels. We used one of the hotel irons and when we filled it with water it just leaked out. The "common areas" left alot to be desired as well. We went to get ice and the top of the ice machine was covered with dust. The ice maker on the 2nd level was "out of order" so you had go to the lower level to get ice. The microwave in the "cafe" was dirty. I will finish by saying the pool was a disaster. We didn't even attempt to use the pool. The filter was not working at all and the water actually had an odor. We mentioned the pool issues to the person at the front desk and they said someone would look at it.

My suggestion is to pay a little more and stay at a different hotel.

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kannapolis
Comfort Inn & Suites Kannapolis - Concord
Americas Best Value Inn - Concord
Sleep Inn Concord
Sleep Inn Concord
#17 of 26 in Concord
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Concord (Kannapolis)
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Concord
Hampton Inn Concord/Kannapolis

Been to Econo Lodge -Kannapolis? Share your experiences!