“First & Last”

Econo Lodge -Kannapolis
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Kannapolis
“First & Last”
Reviewed May 29, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Econo Lodge while attending the Charlotte race. Unfortunately we did not have a very enjoyable stay!! The room was dirty!! The air conditioner stopped working several times. The small refrigerator in our room had a small shelf that kept falling out. The rooms were supposed to have a microwave; our room did not. We were told it would have one on our "next visit". The bed didn't even have a fitted bottom sheet. One day the room wasn't even cleaned, therefore, we didn't get clean towels. We used one of the hotel irons and when we filled it with water it just leaked out. The "common areas" left alot to be desired as well. We went to get ice and the top of the ice machine was covered with dust. The ice maker on the 2nd level was "out of order" so you had go to the lower level to get ice. The microwave in the "cafe" was dirty. I will finish by saying the pool was a disaster. We didn't even attempt to use the pool. The filter was not working at all and the water actually had an odor. We mentioned the pool issues to the person at the front desk and they said someone would look at it.

My suggestion is to pay a little more and stay at a different hotel.

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed March 9, 2006

We took a chance after reading the review. We stayed at the hotel for 3 days while we were going to the speedway. Rooms was clean and fresh breakfast they had waffles,biscuts and gravy that was a nice touch. Overall nice comfortable place

• Stayed March 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Gilbert, SC
Reviewed February 14, 2006

OK,

I should have known I was in for it from check-in. They tried to charge me $10 more than the price I reserved for. I requested a room with both a refrig and microwave. We get to the room and no microwave. So they tell me that the only rooms with both are on the second floor. I requested a ground floor room with both when I booked. They moved us upsatirs, and the room had regfrig and microwave. No hair dryer. The next morning when we were getting dressed we found a condom wrapper on the floor by the headboard that 'housekeeping' had missed before we checked in. The towels they left us that day were all either stained or torn. Housekeeping also left the curtains open so anyone walking by could see everything we had in the room. When we got back to our room our keys did not work. Seems the girl who checked us in only set them for one night. My husband and 2 friends had to stand out in the cold rain while I got that fixed. The pet fee posted on the counter was also $10 more than they listed online. We brought up the problems with the hotel owner and got an 'oh well' attitude.
The room was OK. No hair dryer or iron, but otherwise alright. did have a new TV. The breakfast area was pleasant. The breakfast was a bit skimpy but OK for this level of motel.
Over all not a place we ever plan to stay again and I hope an experience we will never have to repeat.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank SCKinnaird
Reviewed February 13, 2006

Nice clean room nothing fancy. Staff made you feel like you are at home.

• Stayed January 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Binghamton, NY
Reviewed July 21, 2005

If I could give this hotel a rating below terrible I would. I have never had an experience at a hotel like the one I had at the Econo Lodge. When we arrived, we were helped by a desk attendant that didn't know what she was doing and was all alone. When we arrived in the room, there was pizza on the wall, left over shampoo in the shower, the beds were not made, and the toilet leaked. Plus, there was an odor to the room. The continental breakfast was lacking, and after we checked out (2 nights early,) we were approached by con-artists who the manager said stopped at the hotel every once in a while to try and con guests out of money. I couldn't believe it. BEWARE of the Econo Lodge. Call the Microtel Inn across the street if you need a room, it's got to be better.

• Stayed June 2005
4 Thank Laxgoalie1313
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kannapolis
Comfort Inn & Suites Kannapolis - Concord
Sleep Inn Concord
Sleep Inn Concord
#18 of 26 in Concord
Americas Best Value Inn - Concord
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Concord
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Concord (Kannapolis)
Affordable Corporate Suites
Affordable Corporate Suites
#3 of 7 in Kannapolis

Been to Econo Lodge -Kannapolis? Share your experiences!