“El Amigo, 5 stars in all aspects!”

El Amigo Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 112 Restaurants in Kannapolis
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Excellent food, affordable pricing, friendly staff, fast service, great menu selections...what more could you want? I am a long time customer at El Amigo and have never had a bad experience. My family and I eat at El Amigo several times each month. Whenever my sister and her family visit from out of state, we always go there to eat. If you want to have an excellent dining experience, give them a try....you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed January 23, 2011

I am a long time customer of this family friendly restaurant. The service is excellent, the food is wonderful, and the atmosphere is as authentic as you can get in NC. Actually, this restaurant has ruined my experiences at other Mexican restaurants. Each time someone tells me that, "you have to try this Mexican place!", I am disappointed, and it might not be that bad!

If you are new to the restaurant, I would recommend the bean and cheese dip to go with the hand cut, freshly fried tortilla chips to start. Then, I would order the Dos Amigos (a flour and corn chicken enchilada) as a main course and wash it all down with one or two Dos Equis Amber drafts. If you eat that meal and then are dissatisfied, you just don't like Mexican food!

Reviewed August 1, 2009

The food here is the best around. Everything on the menu is good. It is a fairly large restaurant, very clean and the wait staff so helpful. They are always busy. Good food, cheap.

Reviewed August 20, 2008

I have lived in this area all my life and never really liked that many mexican foods. El Amigo has changed that, I'm trying something new everytime I go, and have not been disappointed yet. Their food is good, hot and consistant! Their staff is one of the best trained and most friendly in the area. I have never left there feeling like I haven't been taken care of totally. The restaurant is so clean and so authentic. I have 10 years experience in mystery shopping for restaurants, and this one would top my list.

1  Thank Sleeplessnchar
Reviewed September 28, 2007

This has to be the best mexican restaurant that I've ever eatten in, from the atmosphere to the food, and the staff is great. They are a great family restaurant, and the service is fast and the food is pleantiful. It is a wonderful place to eat.

1  Thank frogshadow