“Horrible experience”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Kannapolis
NC
“Horrible experience”
Reviewed June 27, 2009

I got biten by bedbugs and the aircondition leaked all over the floor. When I went to the desk and showed the person at the counter my arm, her jaw dropped but I couldn't believe she didn't apoligize or even offer us the night for free. I attached a picture of my arm with the bites. I alos had bites all over my body. They are very painful. I WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER STAY AT A MICROTEL HOTEL EVER AGAIN!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank ncgirlMHC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Suches Georgia
Reviewed May 25, 2009

Based on a very favorable experience at a Microtel several years ago I decided to give this motel a try. It was a mistake.

To say the carpet and bedspread were worn would be an understatement. The carpet was thin did not apear to have a pad and had wrinkles in it. Both the bedspread and the carpet had cigarette burns. Although it was a nonsmoking room the room had the musty smoky smell.

The bed saw comfortable but that was the only positive I experienced. This is not a 2-star motel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Leesburg, Florida
Reviewed February 8, 2009

We decided to stay at this hotel because the hotel that we had reservations turned us away when we showed up later than our anticipated check-in. We searched for hotels that accepted pets and this one came up, so the decision was made.

We dealt with two front desk employees & they were like night & day in personality. The woman that checked us in was a doll. Like I said, it was 3 a.m. she quickly got us checked in and assured us that our two puppies were not going to be ANY problem.

The next night, we found out that the only problem with our dogs would be with a man working at the front desk. He was verbally abusive to my husband and even attempted to kick us out of the hotel. Even with my husband explaining that we had searched for hotels that accepted pets & this one came up! My puppies ended up spending the two nights in our truck in 30 degree weather because we had pre-paid for our room. They ended up getting very sick and had to go to the vet.

We did end up speaking with our original desk clerk later in our stay. She explained that it was fine, that we were correct that the web sites stated that pets were allowed. We ended up bringing the puppies in for our last night after talking with her.

As far as the continental breakfast, we have had better. It only had cereals, toast and bagels one day. It would have been nice to have some fruit or something.

We were put in a non-smoking room, yet it was interesting because we found cigarette burn holes in the curtains and a burn on the tub.

• Liked — The reasonable price
  • Disliked — Front desk staff that is ignorant to their own advertising
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tucson
Reviewed June 12, 2008

We loved our stay at this Microtel Inn. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room may need some cosmetic work, but other than that everthing was great.
They have a small juice and coffee bar in the morning.

The price was very reasonable and this hotel is close to everything!

When I go back I will stay here again!!!!

• Liked — Room was very comfortable
  • Disliked — The washing machine in housekeeping vibrated the room.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
eastern US
Reviewed April 6, 2008

I would agree with the other reviewers here that this place is filthy nasty! The bed linens all had cigarette burns in them, the window seat had what appeared to be toenail clippings on it, the hook on the back of the bathroom door was no longer there, the door to the room barely closed, the carpet was filthy and "wrinkled" and there was 1/4 inch of dust/dirt all around the baseboards (I wouldn't dare be barefoot..wore shoes the entire time). The room smelled terrible and we also left the window open. We were there for a wedding and were supposed to stay 2 nites but ended up leaving mid-afternoon on the day of the second nite and headed home because we didn't want to stay another nite. We missed one of the wedding functions due to this, but were very happy to get home! We'll never stay there again and recommend that others don't stay there either. Someone needs to report them! I'm gonna do what I can to let someone know the condition of the place!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
ga
Reviewed March 5, 2008

We were "placed" at this motel by the director of CCA when we were judges for a competition. Obviously the director has little respect for people who work for her since she booked us at this place. If I had a choice I would go somewhere else. The floors are filthy, the shower stall has hair in it that is not ours, the bedspread has holes burned in it and I have not yet turned down the covers. I am not sure I want to.
Stay AWAY. Microtel you should be ashamed to allow a place like this to carry your name. I have stayed in Microtels before and have never seen anything this bad.

• Liked — I didn't pay for it.
  • Disliked — the condition of the room
  • Stayed March 2008
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 5, 2005

This was one of the most nasty places I have ever stayed! We requested a non-smoking room and was placed on the 3rd floor. When we stepped off the elevator, the smell of cigarette smoke almost knocked us down. The stinch in the room itself was even worse. The one thing I did like was that the window in the room opened, allowing for fresh air. A needed amenity. But the screen was bent out about 1 to 2 inches and I did not want bugs in the room so I had to close it. The blankets on the beds had multiple cigarette burn holes in them. The bathroom floor was so sticky that we put towels down on the floor to keep from walking on them. And the door did not lock when you closed it. The only way to lock the door was with the deadbolt. We paid $56.00 with our AAA discount. Supposedly they offered a continental breakfast, but by the condition of the room and the sloppy looks of the staff, they could not have paid me to eat any of their food!! Don't stay here! There are many other hotels down the street that take care of their guests or at the very least offer them clean, fresh rooms.

• Stayed November 2005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kannapolis
Comfort Inn & Suites Kannapolis - Concord
Americas Best Value Inn - Concord
Sleep Inn Concord
Sleep Inn Concord
#17 of 26 in Concord
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Concord
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Concord (Kannapolis)
Home Towne Suites - Concord

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kannapolis/Concord? Share your experiences!