“Stay at Microtel in Kannapolis, NC”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kannapolis/Concord
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Kannapolis
Culloden
“Stay at Microtel in Kannapolis, NC”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I felt the quality of the room for the price was very good. The biggest problem I had was that I could not find a newspaper.
The breakfast selection could have been expanded, but again, for the money I was completely satisfied.
The room was clean as was the bathroom. The room had just been recarpeted.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Greensboro
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at this location in the past and it was very nice overall. This visit was horrible. There were flying gnats in the elevator, lobby and our room. I always check the room first and it seemed ok when checkiing in that friday. We were scheduled to stay till sunday but decided to check out saturday under the circumstances. There was no screen on window so I understood why there were insects all over the pane so opening the window was out the question. There was mold in corners of the shower. I had to ask for another comforter since the one on one of the double beds had cigarette burns. To my surprise the comforter i got from the front desk smelled like smoke too. The lady at desk was very nice but the conditions were not too favorable. We always stay here when in the area but this vist has broken that tradition. The hotel also does not have a pool. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have stayed here several times in the 90's and early 2000.The rooms at that time were great,but now this has been the worst stay I have ever had.The room I reserved the carpet was really dirty.I was moved to a suite and the roon appeared to be clean until I turn the lights on.Behind the door was dirty (carpet) the sofa was stained,the bed lined had hair on it the pillow cases and pillow was nasty.The toilet the color on it was fading.The carpet in the elevator was really filthy.I normaly stay at microtel when traveling but I will never until improvements are met stay here again.Also the manager who is helping with the reconditioning said that they only have 2 on staff to clean and the pay is $7.25 and hr.

Room Tip: check the room before you bring your bags in.don't believe the photos on the web page or on the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
manila arkansas
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed one night in this dump and I mean dump. Nasty!!!!!! We were booking there after talking to a lady on the phone quoted us 40.00 a night but shift change and general manager said 59.00 a night we stayed 1 night just because we were there a very tired after driving 12 hours. General manager said the lady will lose her job for quoting us that price they should have paid us to stay there that is how bad it was. Staff was not helpful at all. So we booked 4 nights at Days Inn on Davidson Highway and loved it.. Stay away from this microtel or you will be sorry.. Conditions were poor in everything.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sylva, North Carolina
Reviewed June 2, 2012

None of the floors, room or hallway, had been vacuumed. Bathroom had mold growing on the wallpaper. Grout was nasty. Hair in the shower and on the floor. I put paper on the toilet seat and stood on a towel when I showered because I didn't feel the bathroom had been cleaned. The sheets had hairs on them. The bed covers were full of holes. The room (#116) had a funky mirror all the way across the wall above the beds which made me feel like cameras were behind them. The so called breakfest was crapy, stale bagels with spoiled cream cheese. And the case they were in was nasty looking. The sanatation score was 86....wonder why. I should have asked for my $56.44 back so I could go to another hotel but I didn't think I would be able to get a refund. The older gentleman who checked me in was as warm and welcoming as a kiss from a toad. The only good thing I can say is that there are a couple of more hotels to choose from across the street and nextdoor. This place brings shame to the Microtel brand.

• Stayed May 2012
charleston wv
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Within 10 minutes of pulling down the nasty bedspread I saw and killed bed bug. I immediatly went to the lobby and told the clerk , which of course said, "we have never had bedbugs here" I went back to my room to get my luggage, which I had not opened (thank goodness) and saw and killed 2 more bedbugs. I took one on a tissue and showed it to the clerk. (not well educated). She said she would still have to charge me for my room. I told her I would come back the next day to talk to her boss. I went to the Homestead suites across the street, which was very nice. I went back the next morning and showed the new clerk the evidence on the sheets. She refunded my money. I am going to call the health dept tomorrow, and I will also call the head of Microtell.

Room Tip: this place needs shut down. After reading these reviews, this has been going on for years.
Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank rmmchl
Marietta, Ohio, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This hotel had some good reviews and the price was good so I booked it. Upon entering the hotel I immediately noticed the poor condition of everything from the floors to the carpets to the walls to the ceiling. Everything was very worn out and dirty. The elevator was in very poor condition as well. The room was no different. The TV only turned on but the volume buttons did not work and the volume was on 0. The remote in the room was for a different TV and didn't work. The comforters had multiple cigarette burns in it. There was also no in-room hair dryer as listed in the email as being there. The only thing that was satisfactory was the wireless internet, which I used to book another room and leave ASAP.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kannapolis
Comfort Inn & Suites Kannapolis - Concord
Sleep Inn Concord
Sleep Inn Concord
#18 of 26 in Concord
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Concord

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kannapolis/Concord? Share your experiences!