Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kannapolis/Concord
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Kannapolis
Reviewed June 2, 2012

None of the floors, room or hallway, had been vacuumed. Bathroom had mold growing on the wallpaper. Grout was nasty. Hair in the shower and on the floor. I put paper on the toilet seat and stood on a towel when I showered because I didn't feel the bathroom had been cleaned. The sheets had hairs on them. The bed covers were full of holes. The room (#116) had a funky mirror all the way across the wall above the beds which made me feel like cameras were behind them. The so called breakfest was crapy, stale bagels with spoiled cream cheese. And the case they were in was nasty looking. The sanatation score was 86....wonder why. I should have asked for my $56.44 back so I could go to another hotel but I didn't think I would be able to get a refund. The older gentleman who checked me in was as warm and welcoming as a kiss from a toad. The only good thing I can say is that there are a couple of more hotels to choose from across the street and nextdoor. This place brings shame to the Microtel brand.

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Within 10 minutes of pulling down the nasty bedspread I saw and killed bed bug. I immediatly went to the lobby and told the clerk , which of course said, "we have never had bedbugs here" I went back to my room to get my luggage, which I had not opened (thank goodness) and saw and killed 2 more bedbugs. I took one on a tissue and showed it to the clerk. (not well educated). She said she would still have to charge me for my room. I told her I would come back the next day to talk to her boss. I went to the Homestead suites across the street, which was very nice. I went back the next morning and showed the new clerk the evidence on the sheets. She refunded my money. I am going to call the health dept tomorrow, and I will also call the head of Microtell.

Room Tip: this place needs shut down. After reading these reviews, this has been going on for years.
Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank rmmchl
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This hotel had some good reviews and the price was good so I booked it. Upon entering the hotel I immediately noticed the poor condition of everything from the floors to the carpets to the walls to the ceiling. Everything was very worn out and dirty. The elevator was in very poor condition as well. The room was no different. The TV only turned on but the volume buttons did not work and the volume was on 0. The remote in the room was for a different TV and didn't work. The comforters had multiple cigarette burns in it. There was also no in-room hair dryer as listed in the email as being there. The only thing that was satisfactory was the wireless internet, which I used to book another room and leave ASAP.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Wrote a letter to the head of the hotel chain,no response. If you like dirt, bugs, damaged rugs everywhere and stupid front desk people. this place is for you.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2011

This is the most disgusting and gross "hotel" I have ever stayed in. Everything--lobby, elevator, room, carpet worn and dirty. Smelled horrible. Had it not been midnight would have gone somewhere else. Slept on top of bed, not in it. No maintenance in years. Hair all over room, especially bathroom. (I won't gross you out by giving details, but you know what I mean). Should have paid attention to sign in lobby: "No refund after 10 minutes of registration". Any positive review of this place has to be fake--a plant by the owners. There are several other hotels in the immediate area and I suspect that they are all like this. Go deeper in your research. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Housekeeping needs to change sheets after customers check out.

Room Tip: Make sure linens are clean when you check in
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Usually we enjoy our stays at Microtel. We visit one maybe 6 times per year. This one, however, gets a huge thumbs down. Most unkempt, unsmiling, unfriendly staff I have ever (literally) seen. Sign on front door: "CONCEALED WEAPONS NOT PERMITTED." Sign on the front desk: "WE ARE NOT PET FRIENDLY. IF WE CATCH YOU WITH A PET YOU WILL BE CHARGED A $50 PET FEE." Sign in the breakfast nook: "NO SHIRT NO SHOES NO FOOD." Sign (note) found on the bed: "CHECKOUT TIME IS 11:00, NOT 11:30, NOR12:00. IF YOU ARE STAYING OVER HOUSEKEEPING STARTS AT 9:30 AM. HOUSEKEEPERS WILL NOT COME BACK TO CLEAN A STAY OVER ROOM AFTER 11:00 AM." I have never felt so unwelcome in any hotel anywhere in America.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Traveler_6105
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kannapolis
Comfort Inn & Suites Kannapolis - Concord
#18 of 26 in Concord
Uptown Suites Concord
Uptown Suites Concord
#11 of 26 in Concord

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kannapolis/Concord? Share your experiences!