“Worth the Drive from Charlotte!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Forty Six

Restaurant Forty Six
Ranked #2 of 111 Restaurants in Kannapolis
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oak Ave
Harrisburg, North Carolina
“Worth the Drive from Charlotte!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have dined at this restaurant before but tonight was exceptional. I agree with previous posts that the service could be better but with food this good, we aren't complaining. I think the server we had was inexperienced and didn't know the menu. The wine list had great choices with really reasonable prices. We brought our 2 year old with us and the kids menu had 6 or 7 choices and she loved the grilled chicken. The cheese bread and hummus is a nice starter that they offer and we also ordered the calamari that was lightly seasoned and so tender. Lately calamari we find to be so salted and if its fresh and cooked well, you don't need the extra salt. The salmon was incredible, cooked perfect along with their fresh salads and homemade dressing. My husband enjoyed the fish special with orzo and shrimp. We were too full for dessert but the homemade gelato choices sounded delicious. This restaurant is a hidden gem and its unfortunate that more people don't know about it. We can't wait to eat here again soon!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

charlotte
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had high expectations going to this restaurant. The food no doubt was tasty and no complaints there. However, The service left much to be desired. The staff was not very attentive, and I felt as if I were an imposition. I had to ask for things that would come standard. I may give it another chance..

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lexington, North Carolina
“Great little lunch spot !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good friendly service with different lunch "specials" everyday ! They seem to take a lot of pride in the presentation and quality of the food... I highly recommend.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Top notch restaurant in Cannon Village, Kannapolis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We had the opportunity to eat here for a wedding rehearsal dinner just the other night, and I can't say enough about how great this restaurant is. First, the decor is very unique and creative. The restaurant, we were told, is named after the 46 chromosomes in the human body. The restaurant is next door to the NC Research Campus in Kannapolis, so the name is very fitting. All around the restaurant is quotes from famous scientists. We were served the grilled chicken and the filet. The filet was amazing, cooked perfectly. The chicken was excellent, and both were served with creamy mashed potatoes and asparagus. We also had a small side salad to start, with a fantastic balsamic dressing. The atmosphere here is fantastic, and we will return for a real dinner visit soon.

• Visited December 2012
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I stumbled upon this restaurant when we were looking for a good lunch spot. I had the stir fry vegetables and he had a burger. Both were really good and the service was fast and friendly. Great place to eat.