“Update - pretty good value for the price.”

Americas Best Value Inn - Jonesville
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Jonesville
Manchester, Maine
“Update - pretty good value for the price.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

So I gave this a bad review a couple of years ago but the recent reviews made me want to try it again. This is a very, very basic motel, but it did have microwave and fridge, was clean and our room with a king bed was spacious for a motel and had a little table and two chairs. There is no breakfast, no coffee in the room, no hair dryer, but it is comfortable enough and has a TV and darn good free wireless Internet. It is a short walk to Glenn's Restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am rating this restaurant separately but will say it's a good value for a couple to spend around $80 for dinner, hotel and then breakfast.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are convenient as you can park your car next to your door.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank woodsdweller
abvijonesville, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Jonesville, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear woodsdweller,

On behalf of the staff of Americas Best Value Inn, I am pleased that you gave us a second chance to serve you. As you may know, we are under new ownership since you first stayed with us. I have been working hard on updating the rooms with new furnishings. We hope that you come and stay with us again if you return to the Jonesville area in the future.

Americas Best Value Inn-Jonesville, NC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Caledonia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I thought, being near the highway that we would be bothered by the noise. But we were not. If you are looking for an inexpensive nights sleep this is a good bet. No frills but you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Talk to Raj personally. He will give you a good rate.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank jdenny41
Dear jdenny41,

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our no-frills rooms with reasonable prices. We hope to have you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Hyde Park, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Due to race at Martinsville & football game at Virginia Tech other hotels in the area had jacked up their rates and refusing to pay the higher price stayed on the road until reaching here. Place is dated for sure, but if you over look that fact, it was just what I needed. A place to lay my head and have a cup of coffee in the morning, which is all they offer. So if you need such a hotel I'd recommend spending the night, price fit what I received in return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bruce S
Dear Bruce S,

Thank you for writing a guest review with us. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a clean room at affordable rates. We have updated our rooms with new dressers, night stands, mattresses. We hope that these updates will enhance the overall experience.

Providence, RI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed here on a last minute change of plans during a road trip. I was supposed to go camping, but it was thunderstorming and I decided rather than trying to camp with my dog, I'd stay in a motel. As the title says, there were flies in the room, like fruit flies. All over the place. Being tired from driving and having my dog with me, I didn't complain. It wasn't worth it for one night. The bed wasn't very comfortable. The guy at the desk recommended a nearby restaurant for dinner, which was terrible. He described it as "home cooked meal". It was anything but that (but that has nothing to do with the motel). The place wasn't super clean. The carpet had stains. The room smelled a bit. The air conditioner was a window unit stuck in a hole in the wall in the far back of the room and was loud and not overly effective. The bed had a flat sheet for the bottom sheet, which didn't even fit the mattress completely.

I'm pretty seasoned when it comes to staying in cheap motels. This place was $39 for the night with a $10 pet fee. But while it was very cheap, it needed a bit more TLC and more recommendations for food than the crappy restaurant that shares a parking lot.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RunawayJimPVD
Dear RunawayJimPVD,

I appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. Sorry for taking so long to respond. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. As you may know, we are an exterior property with room that open up to the outside. Unfortunately, we cannot always control any flying insects that should enter the room due to this. We do try our best, but we are also located in the South. Being that you enjoy the outdoors, I hope you understand. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

Americas Best Value Inn-Jonesville, NC

Travelers are raving about these Jonesville hotels

Gaylord, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Best price for area. We stopped on the way to S.C. for a night's sleep and Raj treated us well. There is no breakfast but for the money saved you could buy a nice breakfast and have money to spare. The rooms could use updating and the upper floor was a little noisy because the rooms are so close to the highway but for the price you can't beat it.

Room Tip: The lower level may be quieter. If there is a back section that could reduce noise too.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Timothy M
Dear Timothy M,

Thank you for sharing a traveler review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our friendly service and low rates. I understand that travelers have many choices when selecting accommodations. Stop and see us again should you return to the area.

Americas Best Value Inn-Jonesville NC
Fairmont, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Usually hotels next to the Interstate go for a premium but not this one.

On-Line booking was a snap through their website as a first-time customer.

Room was clean and temperature adjustments user-friendly. Got a good nights rest.

I always ask for a ground level unit if possible because I like to have my motorcycle right in front of my room. No problems with parking at all.

Room Tip: Ground level gives you easy access.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Joe S
Dear Tiger S,
On behalf of the staff of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally thank you for writing a review regarding your stay. I am sorry for taking so long to respond. I am pleased that we could offer you a ground floor room for your convenience. We hope that you stay with us again if you are traveling through the Jonesville area.

Ridgecrest, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I am a 75 year old retiree and a seasoned car traveler. I look for value in a motel and can tolerate many motel shortcomings as I carry with me most of the things that motels may lack and I am a sound sleeper. I look for a cheap, fairly clean room with a somewhat comfortable bed and a shower with plenty of hot water and good pressure. Bugs don't bother me but I saw none here.
I booked this motel for Saturday, l10/07/12 through the ABVI website for $49.61 total with the 15% Value Club discount but was later advised by "Raj", the manager and a very pleasant and congenial man, that a direct call to him at the motel (336-835-2261) would get you a better rate.
The motel is located off I-77 at exit 79,and set back off the road on Hwy 21 behind and between a BP gas station and a restaurant.
Check-in went smoothly and my Discover card was accepted.
My room was basic, quiet, clean and comfortable, as was the bathroom, and both were free of bugs and/or odors and the bed and bath linen were clean and likewise stain and odor free. The bath towels were of the extra large and extra soft variety and the bed was the most comfortable I had slept in on my 18 nights on the road in various motels.
Pleanty of hot water a good water pressure.
Coffee and sweet rolls in the lobby in the morning.
Great value and a great stay.

Room Tip: Call motel direct for best rate.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank RetiredRidgecrest_CA
abvijonesville, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Jonesville, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear RetiredRidgecrest,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms, large bathtowels, and comfortable beds. We hope that you stay with us again in the future.

Americas Best Value Inn-Jonesville, NC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonesville
Comfort Inn Jonesville
Days Inn Jonesville
Days Inn Jonesville
#4 of 8 in Jonesville
Hampton Inn & Suites Dobson

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Jonesville? Share your experiences!