“Great hotel, great staff and nice location”

Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Jonesville
Reviewed September 20, 2009

We recently stopped off on our way to Disney World at this hotel. I had booked this hotel for one night based on the reviews I read about it. I am also a Hilton Honors member, so we always choose Hiltons, Hamptons, etc for our travels if we can.

Upon entering this hotel, the lobby was decorated beautifully with the Americana look. It was so inviting. The staff was super friendly and nice.

The rooms were spotless, comfy and clean. That's very important to us when we travel.

They have cookies, popcorn and non-alcoholic drinks in the evening and free breakfast in the morning. The staff was right on top of everything at breakfast making sure there was always food and everything was clean. The lady even gave my son a coloring book and animal crackers,

I would defiantly stay here again in the future. Great, clean place!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Ravishing9

Reviewed July 31, 2009

I made an unplanned stop for one night at this hotel and was really surprised. I travel often for business and this property really stood out from any other place I have stayed. Clean, well furnished, well maintained and exceptionally well decorated throughout. As soon as I got out of my car, I knew I was in a different kind of place.

The lady that waited on me was extremely kind and helpful. She actually made me feel like she wanted to wait on me, something you don't get very often. The internet was WiFi and was no fuss, the TV was great, the pool was nice, clean and larger than expected. Alot of little extras in the room and attention to detail.

There are several good restaurants on the same exit. I had dinner at the Cracker Barrel and Breakfast at the Waffel House. I overslept and missed the Continental Breakfast, LOL.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2009

I couldn't believe this hidden gem - we travel the I77 corridor frequently and have just found this hotel. It will now become a regular stop. While this is a "chain hotel", it's obvious that the managers have put a huge amount of personal touch to the place, even including the elevator! My only slight gripe would be that we could hear the toilet flushing in the adjacent or room above. 5 stars all the way.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2009

I thank the camp director at Camp Cheerio for reccommending this hotel. We stayed two nights after dropping off our "camper". I am fussy about cleanliness in hotels and this one was spotless! The staff were all super friendly and there was complimentary cookies, popcorn, water, coffee, teas and internet... all almost 24 hours a day! After our recent stay in Az at a Hyatt resort where the water was $5 and they charged for internet, this was a fabulous relief. Granted the hotel is in of those "off the highway" jumbles, but after driving a few miles, the countryside was lush and beautiful. It is well worth it to stay here! What a stay! Don't miss the antique mall right up the street... they have tons to browse through. Also their small fitness center was great too.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sweptawayy
Reviewed May 23, 2009

This hotel has a stellar rating from my family. The beds were comfortable, the staff unbelieveable, & the room & bathrooms were very clean. (we had 2 rooms) Breakast was a choice of omlettes, french toast, doughnuts, etc. We're getting tired of the waffles being offered at most hotels. This was a nice change. There was a camera crew from the Hilton company who was there filming the hotel because it has won the "Charlie" award for the year. I can see why it was rated #1 of Hamptons in the country. An employee behind the front desk said they won from the ratings customers had given the hotel on compliment cards. The hotel is nestled down a hill away from the interstate so we didn't hear any of the traffic which was nice too.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2009

Stayed one night at this Hampton based on the comments of other TripAdvisor reviews. Overall, those comments were accurate.

The hotel is off I-77, but tucked away from the immediate traffic area which provides a bit more quiet than many other hotels. The lady that checked us in was a bit grouchy. Everyone else was extremely helpful and friendly, so maybe she was just having a bad day.

The hotel is not new and showed some signs of wear and tear. But, our room was a decent size and clean. Our tub drain was very slow and water backed up when we showered, but a good drain cleaning would fix that.

Food-wise, warm cookies and popcorn were out for guests which were a welcome snack after our 7 hour drive. Breakfast was plentiful and the staff was helpful.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2008

Our fourth stay at this hotel. Ranks as highly as any Hampton we've ever stayed at. Courteous staff, good rates, extra clean rooms, great amenities .. will stay here again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to family or friends. Book ahead, it tends to have 100% occupancy during the traveling season!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank JJ_McQ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonesville
Best Western Yadkin Valley Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in Mount Airy
Best Western Bryson Inn
Best Western Bryson Inn
#2 of 8 in Mount Airy

Been to Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin? Share your experiences!