“Stay elsewhere”

Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Jonesville
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This was the worst Hampton Inn I have ever seen. First of all the GPS will not take you directly to the hotel. You end up 3 1/2 miles East of I 77 but the hotel is located less than a mile west of I 77. GPS does not work for local restaurants either, Which consists mainly of fast food joints. Not a decent restaurant to be found for miles.

The last time this hotel decor was updated was when Clinton was elected Pres. It was very tired and worn out. The room consisted of a teal wee
Ll worn sofa, Faux finish wallpaper with floral orders, and a grimy time and stained grout on the bathroom floor. The lighting was terrible and consisted of soffit mounted fluorescent lights that flickered. The ventilation system in the bathroom made a loud annoying humming noise.

Breakfast consisted of Cook-it-yourself cold sandwiches to be nuked in the microwave. Very unappetizing.

See photos. Go elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013
DCLARK57, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback concerning your recent stay with us.We apologize for any problems that occurred with your stay and we appreciate your bringing them to our attention. We will cetainly address these issues now that we are aware of them. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The staff at this hotel are exceptional. We were in the area for a family wedding and couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. Close to the historic downtown of Elkin and a short drive to numerous wineries and Stone Mountain State Park. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DCLARK57, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

We want to thank you for all your kind words concerning our hotel.We take alot of pride in the service that we offer our guests. Greeting you with a welcoming smile is a priority of ours. Please know that we appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife and I used this Hampton as a relaxing stop traveling from our home in Florida to our home in Pittsburgh. We found the hotel to be extremely convenient, clean, safe, economical, great breakfast and a friendly and helpful staff. I will use this location again and recommend it to all my friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DCLARK57, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

We can't thank you enough for all your kind words about us. We enjoy taking care of our guests and making them feel welcomed. We will greet you with a warm hello and always look forward to your return trip. Thank you for choosing us to serve you.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I only stopped here for an overnight stay on my way home but the bed and bedding was so comfortable and I did not here other guests. he lobby and hallways have out dated decore but don't be fooled, you will sleep comfortably.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for your words of praise. We take cleanliness very serious and it makes us happy to hear the good things our guests say about it.We like to show off our " Hamptonality" every chance we get!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn, Jonesville, North Carolina and had a fabulous experience. Our son had been working at a nearby YMCA camp and had a Saturday night off in between sessions. When my husband called to make the reservation, he asked if there were any washing machines available. He was told that they would try and accommodate us. Our son's clothes had not been washed in three weeks and he still had two more weeks of camp. Needless to say, his clothes were absolutely grimy. Teresa Steele of Housekeeping and Deborah Reed at the front desk were very kind and let us use the washing machines to clean his clothes. They were incredibly nice and helpful and suggested great restaurants for lunch and dinner. The room was spotless and the breakfast was perfect. Most importantly, they welcomed us with sincere southern hospitality and did everything that they could to make our visit enjoyable. We will definitely be staying at the Jonesville Hampton Inn for future visits. Fabulous employees all around!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We want to thank you for all the wonderful things you said about our hotel. We take great pride in our friendliness, cleanliness and above all, want our guests to know we appreciate them. We hope to have an opportunity to show off our " Hamptonality " again.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I always stay at Hamptons when I can, as they rarely disappoint. From the friendly staff to the neat breakfast to the wi-fi, typically I am quite pleased with them

This trip was less than perfect, but not so much that I would not go back. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. The AC in the room was noisy -- it is a below the window unit that went on and off all night. They really need to replace these with central units that are so much quieter.

The breakfast -- for the first time at a Hampton -- was horrible. My breakfast sandwich was not edible -- it was tough and chewy. I have visited Hamptons that had pancakes, egg omlettes, etc.. This was sadly lacking at this location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for one night 7-17-13. Everything from making the reservation to checking out was wonderful. We made it to the hotel late that evening (close to midnight) and were in town due to the birth of my niece, which I had mentioned to the lady who took our reservation over the phone. At check in, the lady at the desk had treats for my daughter and was so intent on listening to her talk about her new little cousin. Very sweet. Beds were comfortable. Room was very clean. Breakfast was good. Check out a breeze. All of the staff were wonderful. Look forward to staying here in the future when we come back to visit family.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonesville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville
#5 of 8 in Jonesville
Best Western Bryson Inn
Best Western Bryson Inn
#2 of 8 in Mount Airy

Been to Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin? Share your experiences!