“Beautifully (Exceptionally) Decorated Hotel”

Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Jonesville
Reviewed November 21, 2012

When we arrived at the Hampton Inn Jonesville, the first thing we noticed was the Christmas decorating. With festive, but not gaudy, touches throughout the hotel, I remarked that I felt like I had stepped inside a country christmas gift shop that was, instead, a hotel. The decorative quality (but not festive touches) were in the beautiful guest rooms as well. Rooms were spacious and clean, staff friendly. Outdoor pool was closed for the season (outside landscaping was as beautiful as the interior decorating and equally festive). I arrived late and left early so there was no chance to even check out the fitness room. Beds were on the hard side, but adequate. The air conditioning/heating unit in our room sounded as though it was giving its dying breath, but DID manage to stay on throughout the night. Sound travels easily in the halls and the horde of small children down the hall that were allowed to run wild kept me awake until after one am, but I blame the parents and not the hotel for that. Breakfast had packets of instant oatmeal rather than the slow cooked oats I've had at other Hamptons. Likewise, fresh eggs and meats were replaced with bagged microwaveable fare I'd expect on a train. I ate light and wound up buying more later on the road. Location was great, right off the highway, with a McDonalds across the street for my McCafe fix. I'd stay here again, but I'd hope they'd fix that dying ac unit in the meantime.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the NOISY elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
DCLARK57, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

We want to thank you for staying with us and we certainly appreciate your comments concerning the air conditioning unit. Our maintenance department repairs or replaces these units as soon as they are aware of a problem. . In North Carolina, we are not equipped to serve a prepared breakfast. We are beginning a renovation , which will allow us to add the required kitchen equipment so that we can offer a pepared breakfast to our guests. The breakfast we serve now meets and exceeds the requirements of Hilton. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

The Elkin NC Hampton Inn is an older style HI and is a good value. Location is great close to I-77. The room was clean and quiet.

My only complaint is the frozen breakfast choices that you have to microwave. Might as well skip it! The usual buffet style eggs and bacon or sausage is what I expect of Hampton Inn. In spite of the good location and price, I will stay elsewhere next time!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Elkin, NC many times and have enjoyed every experience I have every had there...It is a great place to stay with a friendly staff, clean rooms and delicious breakfast and snacks. I will continue to stay at this wonderful place when coming through this area. THE BEST EVER!!

Room Tip: Just stop...You will be glad you did!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I often, when traveling, stay at the Hampton Inn. Upon entering the main door we were immediately impressed with the cleanliness and the lovely way the Hampton was decorated. The person at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable and the food was abundant. They even had snacks at night for the hotel guests. What a nice place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
DCLARK57, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for your positive remarks concerning our hotel.We look forward to serving you again and showing off our "Hamptonality".

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Good place to stop for the night. Clean and comfortable. The staff welcomed us and were very efficient. The pool is outdoors and we arrived late but it looked very clean and well maintained. This hotel offered the Hampton Inn quality of service that is the norm.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

In an area of the country remarkable for friendly, helpful people, the front desk staff of this chain hotel stand out for their coldness, lack of any customer service, and poor communication. When I asked (in a nice way) to simply speak to the manager about my seemingly innocuous problem, I was refused and told "this is our policy; no need to talk to her". Worst yet, I really think the manager was standing just out of my sight, heard the issue, and chose not to even identify herself.
The room was standard Hampton, which is fine. We did kill a big bug in the room. (With the ironing board, believe it or not. It was big.)
Good breakfast selection.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
DCLARK57, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Debra Clark
General Manager and Staff.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We have stayed at this facility every year for the past 12 years on our way to our annual beach vacation in SC. This Hampton has rightfully won the highest award for quality that the Hilton chain offers, the Connie Award. The service and staff never disappoint. We look forward to our stay every year. This Hampton is part of our tradition because of it's service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonesville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville
#5 of 8 in Jonesville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 8 in Jonesville

Been to Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin? Share your experiences!