“Great Hotel for Years but needs to be upgraded.....”

Best Western Yadkin Valley Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Jonesville
Ohio
“Great Hotel for Years but needs to be upgraded.....”
Reviewed July 22, 2008

This has been our stop on our way to Florida and back, since it opened in 1985 as a Holiday Inn. This Hotel has always been above average in every catergory. This last stay I noticed a few problems. I was cashing in a reward night. The girl at the desk did not inform us anything about the hotel or the breakfast bar, knowing that I was a Priority Club Member, I guess she felt that I knew everything already. That's OK with me , but bad for other guests that might need to know. The lobby was very beautiful, and the breakfast bar was superior in selection of hot and cold breakfast items.
The room that we had was a bit below average. The mattresses were a little lumpy and hard. The bathroom was in need of some minor repairs. The rooms were clean though.
This hotel needs to be upgraded to Holiday Inn standards. I think they have fallen a little below that. I would not be suprised if they loose the Holiday Inn name soon, if they do not upgrade. One plus they have going for them, is the Cracker Barrel right next door, a good draw for the weary traveler staying here. (One of our reasons for staying here). In closing I will say that this is still a good Hotel, buts needs some repair, or they will lose loyal customers.

• Liked — Breakfast Bar
  • Disliked — Bathroom
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Hollidaysburg, PA
Reviewed May 23, 2008

I had traveled to North Carolina for a race in Concord. The only reason I booked this location was because of the reviews at another Holiday Inn Express in Statesville, NC which was poor. I booked my stay two weeks in advance and even called to verify the reservation a week before my arrival. Although the receptionists were great at first to let me receive my key before check in time (we wouldn't get back to the hotel until 1:30am after the race) my stay went down hill. I had reserved a smoking room for my parents in-law (We didn't let them smoke in the car) which we didn't get and there was no hot water in the morning for our showers. Trying not to make a big deal out of our little inconvenience I planned to simply voice my opinion to the front desk and leave it at that. The girl was anything but empathetic or concerned about her customers. There was even a man in front of me complaining about no hot water. Also, the continental breakfast would have been nice if they didn't have an 80 year old lady working in the kitchen. Most of the customers didn't have a full breakfast because trays were empty most of the time. Since we stayed on the weekend I waited until the following week to call the hotel and speak to the manager. Of course she wasn't available and left all my contact information. I now assume I was not a valued customer because I never heard anything. My complaint then went to IHG group. Room was clean and the price was right, but I believe in great customer service which I didn't receive. Regretfully after 6 years of being a faithful customer, I'll never return to Holiday Inn Express or any of IHG's group.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston
Reviewed April 11, 2008

I stayed one night at the Holiday Inn Express in Jonesville on a business trip. The hotel met my needs but unlike most Holiday Inn Expresses, it was older and a little worn.

One standout factor: a real friendly staff with a very helpful, can-do attitude. I as initially given a room near a vent that was really bothering me: no problem moving me and a lot of apologies. Very helpful with directions. Breakfast staff were helpful.

The room and hallways were darkly decorated and pretty old. There were chipped tiles in the bathroom. The room and bathroom were clean, but the room did not feel that way.

The bed was nice and the blinds closed enough to shut out the outdoor light.

The hotel is simply in need of a renovation to make it comparable to other HIE's and meet the expectations that I have for that brand.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
turner Mi
Reviewed March 5, 2008

we are at the hotel now....I was SO pleased to come in. The room was very clean, fresh smelling, and bedding was is great as i set here now. We have our little dog with us, and usually when you have your dog and ask for a pet friendly room...you get a below average room with stains on the rug....NOT HERE> very happy and compfy!! Thanks. looking forward to the continental..according to the other reviews. on the way to Flo. we stayed in a couple not so nice hotels of which one i made them switch our room....thanks again i feel at home here.

• Liked — how clean the room was
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ohio
Reviewed April 21, 2007

Stayed here on a drive to Florida. I found the hotel in the Roomsavers Coupon book and we got our room for $54.95 on Easter Night. The room was clean, we got a rollaway bed very promptly, and the shower was hot and strong. Breakfast was delicious. Overall a great place to stay.

• Liked — Location and Price
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 4, 2006

We stayed at this hotel while on our way to Georgia and needed a room close to the highway. The rooms were clean, and recently renovated. Hotel staff were efficient, polite and helpful at check-in and check-out. We found the hotel to be quiet and had no problems getting a good night's sleep. Don't forget to check out the continental breakfast included with the nightly rate.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank KT32
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 30, 2005

During one-night stop-overs, I expect three things from my accommodations: a clean room, a warm shower and a comfortable bed. The Holiday Inn Express Jonesville-Elkin delivered all three and threw in a nice breakfast in the morning. At just under $100 night, the price tag for this "budget" hotel, booked through the hotel's official website ------, was a little steep, however.

Holiday Inn Express' signature Smart Start breakfast buffet was available at no extra charge from 6:30 AM until 9:30 AM in the morning. The buffet included a selection of hot and cold cereals, bagels, toast, fruits (apples, oranges, bananas), milk and juices and warmed cinnamon rolls.

The hotel also boasts a pool and banquet facilities, although I didn't have an opportunity to utilize either. I did take a stroll around the pool and noticed that it was well-maintained and inviting.

• Stayed May 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonesville
Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin
Days Inn Jonesville
Days Inn Jonesville
#5 of 8 in Jonesville
Hampton Inn & Suites Dobson

Been to Best Western Yadkin Valley Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!