“Medical school trip last night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Jefferson

Days Inn Jefferson
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Jefferson
Newnan, Georgia
“Medical school trip last night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

This is an older style hotel with very nice. Check in was easy and they made us feel right at home. Our room had a king size bed but there's still plenty of room for the other ammentities. One of the nicer bathrooms that we have had. As I type I am sitting here watching the sun come up over the horizon, very beautiful and peaceful. For breakfast they give you 3 different types of full meals to choose in a sit down restaurant atmosphere. If I had to say one thing negative my cell phone gets no reception but to be honest not hearing my phone chirp and beep all night was kind of nice. They do have free internet so I was not totally isolated from the world. Definitely will stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
PK S, Owner at Days Inn Jefferson, responded to this review, February 6, 2015
Thank you for your business we appreciate it. We are glad that the room exceeded your expectations particularly the bathroom, it is so good to hear housekeeping is doing such a good job. We do hope you'll visit us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Henrietta, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

we use almost all best westerns when we travel and this had to be the most disappointing of them. The exterior is very outdated and little "questionable" looking. It does not appear they maintain the outside at all, even the flowers in the planters were dead. The lobby was nice and the front desk clerk was extremely helpful and when he realized we were on a motorcycle he gave us rags to clean the bike with. We got to the room and it looked nice but after in the room it was not very clean. There was a block of wood in the floor for a door stop, two open holes for electrical wires, the tub had a mat in it which can not be cleaned under neath and then the top of the shower insert was filthy (my husband is 6'5" so he see's where they do not clean) the bathroom was very small and had a old window in it that was also dirty. We had a continental breakfast but you do not serve yourself you mark a paper they give you at check in then a server gives you the food, very strange to me because they also want a tip.You do not get as good or much of a meal as a normal continental breakfast. We were lucky that it was cool out because the air conditioning unit was so loud we had to shut it off. Our coffee maker did not work, they did bring us a new one and the tub know did not work either so it was on shower all the time. My last complaint is that luckily no one was upstairs because the steps came down the side of the building in front of our window. This really is a poor example of a best western, especially it was not very reasonable. I really do not understand most of the reviews for this property.

Room Tip: If you must stay here ask for a 2nd floor room or on the 1st floor not on the end
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
PK S, Owner at Days Inn Jefferson, responded to this review, February 6, 2015
I'm sorry that your stay was not to your expectation. We appreciate you bringing your concerns forward. We will discuss with housekeeping these issues in case they are still happening, however we have since your stay changed managers. As such we hope you will give us a second chance in the future.
Charleston, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in late July 2014 as we hiked the mountains of southern Va. Although this is an older property with some updates, we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the room and the comfortable mattress. The staff is very friendly and nice. The onsite restaurant provides some acceptable options for the breakfast that is included in the room rate. There were only several minor problems with our room: Instead of a waterproof shower curtain, there was only a thin fabric curtain that got soaked and flooded the tile floor. The room itself appeared to be clean but there were spider webs and dirt all around the outside of the exterior door and the light outside the room. An opening in the wall that appeared to be the former site of an electrical outlet over the bathroom counter should be covered. Since my husband and I hiked every day of our stay, there was a need to launder some of our clothes, but there is no laundry facility at the hotel. The small lobby was clean and neat but, for some reason, there was a vacuum cleaner in the lobby for the entirety of our stay. There was a large mini-fridge and a microwave in the room and both worked well. This area of NC is charming with interesting stores and some good food and we will definitely return to the area and probably to this hotel if they make a washer and dryer available to guests.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
PK S, Owner at Days Inn Jefferson, responded to this review, February 6, 2015
Thank you for bringing your concerns forward. We are seeking to remedy these problems. I'm glad that overall your stay was well and our staff acted in a professional manner. I'm not sure about washer and dryer at the moment but we'll look into that. We do hope you'll stay with us again in the future.
Deltona, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We stay here almost every time we come to the area and I always enjoy it. It's a quiet place surrounded by the beautiful mountains. The staff has always been friendly and accommodating. For those who mentioned rude maid service and some dirty areas it's my understanding that they do have a new cleaning crew now and they were very nice. There is also a new restaurant just beyond the lobby called Olde Town Eatery where the staff is just as exceptional as the food is and we ate almost every meal here. I don't know how old the hotel is but I find it to be one of the nicer ones and this is a small town so there really aren't many hotels that I've seen. Don't come expecting frills and chocolates on your pillow but if you want a clean room and accommodating friendly service with people eager to please a traveling road weary guest that is what you'll find here.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Tanya W
PK S, Owner at Days Inn Jefferson, responded to this review, February 6, 2015
Thank you for the great shout out about our friendly and professional staff I appreciate it. I'm glad you found the change in restaurants to be a good one. Thank you for your patronage over the years. We do hope to continue seeing you for many more.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

This is more of an out of the way place nestled in the mountains. My husband and I enjoyed our stay. They are in-between restaurants right now. Breakfast may improve when the new place opens. It is okay now, but could use some improvement.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank brendat323
PK S, Owner at Days Inn Jefferson, responded to this review, February 6, 2015
Thank you for staying with us. Most guests seem pleased with our offerings since the new restaurant opened. We appreciate your business. We do hope to see you again in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I wasn't expecting anything as clean or as accomodating as I received. A very pleasant surprise. Friendly, helpful staff during all aspects of my stay, particularly at checkin where I was provided with maps, tips and directions. A great price for the accomodation and services.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

PK S, Owner at Days Inn Jefferson, responded to this review, February 6, 2015
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm elated that you found our staff and accommodations to exceed your expectations. That is always a wonderful thing to hear. We do hope you'll return to us in the future as we appreciate your business.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

My stay was wonderful. The woman behind the desk was very sweet. The tall boy who was there was helpful and polite. The breakfast he served us was hot and delicious. Although there were no meats it was pretty good. We came in before 7 and he was still there to greet us and showed us where everything was. My only complaint was our maid. Our room did not seem to be vacuumed and our toilet was dirty The young woman we had was very rude and impolite. I asked her for some towels and wash rags and she huffed and puffed and it took her over an hour and a half to bring them. But the view from my room of the mountain was very pretty from the second floor. I would stay here again but i would like it if I had a different maid.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jim S
PK S, Owner at Days Inn Jefferson, responded to this review, February 6, 2015
Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry the maid was rude that is unprofessional, anyone receiving such service should inform me immediately as I live at the property. I can inform you that since your stay our maid staff has changed, and thus I do hope you will give us a second chance. We appreciate your business and your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jefferson
Nation's Inn
Quality Inn & Suites University
River's Edge Inn
River's Edge Inn
#1 of 1 in Todd

Been to Days Inn Jefferson? Share your experiences!