We stayed at this property for a week. The grounds and the house are beautiful. The homeowners have thought of practically everything. We didn't even end up needing all of the paper products and cleaning supplies we brought. There were plenty of brochures and books displayed about the area. The house was beautifully decorated.
There were some maintenance issues and concerns that I brought to the Property Management's attention. The responses were mixed. Appreciative in the beginning, to offering stupid advice, to not being helpful at all, and then in the end no response. Most of the issues needed to be addressed while other items were recommendations. Some in the best interest of the homeowner.
1) We could not use the pool table. That building smells so musty that it is actually unbearable. PM's suggestion was to air it out, which of course we had already tried. Then they said they could come by the house and get air freshener from inside the house and go spray the room but they didn't know when they could get there to do that. Why would I have them drive to the house to retrieve something that was already in the house? And the smell was far too strong for air freshener to work.
2) If you are allergic to bees, DO NOT stay at this house! There were so many bees on the property that I could not enjoy the porches, jacuzzi, or fire pit. I practically ran to and from my car. The flowers that are planted around the house are bee and butterfly attractors. They followed me everywhere and kept landing on me. The PMs said that they couldn't so anything about it unless there was a visible hive.
3) The jacuzzi was overfilled and full of foam and bubbles. The chemical smell was extremely strong. The water was so deep that I couldn't sit down because it was over my nose. I would have drained some but there is a note in the kitchen that tells you not to adjust water levels or you will mess up the chemical ratio. The PM told me to "get a bowl from inside the house and scoop some water out".
4) The lock on the door got stuck and we could not use it anymore. The PM asked if we tried turning the knob from the inside. Of course we did. They did ask if we needed to have them come out to fix it but I told them that we were fine using the other lock and/or the other door.
5) The freezer leaked twice. I caught it immediately and cleaned it up. They did not suggest fixing it and when I later found the wood floor warped in front of the fridge I advised them that this must have been going on for quite some time in order to have damaged the wood. They did not respond. 6)There is internet service but it is so bad that I have up trying to check email or get on Facebook. No response from PM.
Other issues that I had were my issues. They are personal preferences but some may appreciate them being pointed out.
1) You have to trust that the previous occupants did in fact wash the towels and sheets. The housekeeper does not do laundry unless paid to. And you don't know if the previous occupant paid for that service. I washed the sheets and towels I was going to use as soon I got there especially after finding a wet towel hung up in the guest bathroom.
2) The master bed is hard.
3) There are two windows in the master bedroom that do not have shades. You WILL be woken up at the crack of dawn with the sun shining on your face. Some people may like that. I didn't.
4) Do not be deceived...there is an air conditioning unit yes, but it is not central air conditioning and it only cools the room where it is located..the den up in the loft. Although it was cool, I need air conditioning when I sleep. And if you don't feel comfortable sleeping with the windows open (city dwellers) it will be a touch warm.
5) The roads in this community are gravel. It is listed in the description but you may not catch it or give much thought to it. The house is about a mile into the community. I have a brand new car. It was extremely nerve wracking.
6) We did not find a stream on the property.
7) The house is not near anything. Downtown Jefferson is still several miles away and only has a small grocery store and 2 fast food restaurants. West Jefferson is further but has more and is a cute little town. It was too far out if the way for me.
8) There is no view of the mountains unless you hike to the bottom of the property and find the sitting area that ovrrlooks the mountains. Definitely worth the hike.
So in summary, the most important things: House and property are beautiful and well appointed. We couldn't use the porches, pool table, or jacuzzi. Location pretty remote. Too many bees. The community has gravel roads. There is no central air conditioning.
|Check in / front desk||Service|
|A romantic getaway||Older travelers|