“My Favirite River”
Review of New River

New River
Ranked #4 of 8 things to do in Jefferson
Reviewed August 26, 2008

Well for the first time I got to feel like I was helpless. I got into trouble in the river where I had been several times before. The water was low and we ( my cousin & I ) were in some class three water. I had been throught this before at normal water levels, but on this date the water was at least 10" or a foot low. I went the same way I have been before, never had a problem before this day. Well needles to say we flipped over in my 16' Old Town canoe. There I was trapped under the water with my foot wedged in between two rocks and I couldn't get up to get any air. Every few minutes I could get a breath of air. My cousin was trying to through me the lead line of the canoe so I could get out. I had to make a corporate decision right then. I decided to jerk my foot as hard as I could and in the process I pulled my ankle really bad and got several scratches all over me. When I finally freed myself I jumped over in a pool of deep water and was fine from there on out. This is a lesson i learned from all this. Do not expect the same water reaction when the water is low or high for that matter. this changes everything. i also lost a $450.00 rod and reel to the river.

1  Thank Nighthiker