Review Highlights

Maiden, North Carolina
First Time Tuber

Suzi H
Greensboro, United States

All reviews water level tubing trip mile trip staff was friendly beautiful scenery few hours river rocks rescheduled ride cars company
Reviewed September 29, 2018

We had to wait almost 3 hours from our scheduled time to get picked up. They said they didn't have a driver after we complained. They shouldn't send people on trips if they don't have a driver to pick them up. There were 5 people standing outside doing nothing. They should hire drivers instead of people to stand there. A scruffy man was smoking where you get life jackets. Terrible service. Do not recommend.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Took our scout troop on the 10 mile trip and went great! Water was a little low that day so had a few hang ups on the rocks but that's not something they can control. We checked several other outfitters in the area before deciding on Zaloo's. They went out of their way to get us the trip that we needed and make suggestions on places to camp, etc.
Staff was very knowledgeable and were very helpful.
The 10 mile trip was just enough for us. Took us about 4 hours and stopped about an hour for lunch. The 5-mile trip wouldn't have been enough and the 18 would have been too much for us and would have made a very long day.

1  Thank keenerkrew
Reviewed August 27, 2018

This has become my new favorite thing to do. I took my granddaugther to Zaloo's for our very first tubing experience. The staff was so friendly and helpful. We were given all of the information that we needed to have a safe experience. We went on a weekday, so we had the whole river to ourselves. We have decided that we are definitely coming back and we're bringing more friends and family with us the next time! Perfect day! Perfect place!

Reviewed August 20, 2018

Brian took us up the mountain about 3 miles to the drop off area and got our floats ready. We were the only ones at that time and had the river to ourselves. It was a beautiful morning.The bottom of the tube is closed, so you really never get wet until you get out of the river back at Zaloo's. And then it is only your feet. Be sure to wear water shoes. We also rented a cooler tube and tied all of the floats together. I will definitely try to come back and do this again soon!

Reviewed August 14, 2018

We had such a great time tubing the New River yesterday. The four of us decided it was our first annual trip together!!! I had rescheduled twice before due to bad weather and the Zaloo's workers were so easy to deal with. I will definitely book through Zaloos again!! I did love that the bottom of the tubes were closed.

1  Thank rbcaspencer