Review Highlights
Amazing

So much fun I had to go 4 times over the summer and I live 2 hours away. The tube ride itself was... read more

Reviewed October 2, 2018
MsBYaj
Great day on the river!

Took our scout troop on the 10 mile trip and went great! Water was a little low that day so had a... read more

Reviewed August 27, 2018
keenerkrew
Maiden, North Carolina

All reviews water level tubing trip mile trip staff was friendly beautiful scenery few hours river rocks rescheduled ride cars company
Reviewed July 20, 2018

8 of us came and rented tubes and cooler tubes and we all had a blast. Lazy, relaxing day on the river. The weather was fabulous and even though we all only had one day, we were not disappointed. We will be back, some of us before the weather turns cold.

1  Thank Karen R
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

We spent a delightful afternoon canoing the New River with Zaloos. The water level was great and we relaxed down the gentle current for a wonderful time. Staff was friendly and laidback!

2  Thank Susan A
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

We’ve always been pleased w/ our Zaloo experiences; canoes, kayaks, & tubes have been well serviced, and the life vests, paddles, & other equipment needed have been in good condition.
A lot has changed since the 1970’s (mostly the music isn’t as good), but Zaloos has given us great service thru the years. If you have a question, ask it, if you’ve never paddled before, let them know.
Zaloos is a wonderful way to spend some time on the New River. HIGHLY recommend - Enjoy!

1  Thank lasgr
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I had an awesome day tubing at Zaloo’s!!! The shuttle upstream was quick to drop us off and then we were in the river. The trip was very relaxing. The take out can be seen for a loooong way, so I’m not sure why some people are having problems. They also have giant signs in their windows that say Zaloo’s. There are a few rocks, but it is a river! The staff was very nice and friendly. We had a wonderful time and will definitely be back! Be sure to make reservations, they were sold out today!

Date of experience: June 2018
4  Thank Amber P
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

We had a group of three ladies who decided to go tubing. We got the reservations easy enough, but whem we got there we wete placed in a van, given no directions, were not offered lifevests, and dropped off at a set of stairs. We asked about the take out point and were told that someone would be thete to assist us at our take out. Well the yake out was arond a curve so we were right on it when two guys on the bank started yelling, "Get out, get out.". I yelled how and he says, "Jump out! ". The water was moving swiftly and there were rocks everywhere. I told one of the young men I needed help. Instead of having a safety rope available, he says he is not coming to get me. Meanwhile I am getting further and further away from the take out point. When he finally comes for me, he yells at me as I try to explain no one told us about the takeout point and that two more women behind me don't know where to get out. He continues to ignore me. Things go from bad to worse as my 75 year old friend floats past the take out and everyone says they are not going after her. I was horrified by the haphazard attitude of the entire staff as they argued who was going to rescue my friend. This behavior is totally unacceptable for a river business. Safety should be their number one priority.

Date of experience: June 2018