“Great Currituck Find” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Weeping Radish

Weeping Radish
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Jarvisburg
Cuisines: American, German, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington, DC
“Great Currituck Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2008

Perfect place to stop on the way to the Outer Banks.
Beer and hormone free meats to go, stop and sample the beer while waiting to get into your cottage.

Baltimore
“Lunch trip, party of 5.Terrible Food, Beer, and Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2008

We stopped into the Weeping Radish today for Lunch. We had not been to the new location so we decided to give it a try, When we were seated, our waitress gave us menus and walked away. About 10 minutes later she finally returned and asked us for our drinks. She also then asked us if we were ready to order after we ordered our drinks. We then expected her to take our food order but she walked away. About 10 more minutes passed before she gave us our drinks, and then she walked away again not taking our order. When she finally came back she took our order, but when asked about certain foods, she said "Sorry, the kitched is way too busy right now, I'm really sorry"...Kind of a laugh though since there were only two other tables with people at them, the rest of the restaurant was empty. She then came back about 10 more minutes later and gave us utensils and some plates for our appetizers, however, she again said sorry, Ive only got three plates for you, the kitchen is busy,,,We were a party of 5. When we finally got our appetizers, they were skimpy at best, lukewarm, and dry..Finally we got our main course, TERRIBLE...The Ham and swiss sandwich was dry, and tastless as was the Chicken cordon bleu..The only sandwich we found to have a little taste was the reuben..THe fries were overcooked, cold and soggy....I would not recommend this place at all anymore. THe previous location in Manteo had decent food, but this was ridiculous.....

4 Thank myron96
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Love to come here for root beer and appetizers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2008

Love to come here for root beer and appetizers!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Awful, awful. awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2008

We stopped at The Weeping Radish for lunch on a Saturday in May. There were 3 other tables of people there when we got there - not at all crowded. (Should have been my first warning.) The waitress told us she'd be with us in a minute and I said, "Take your time." Guess I shouldn't have said that.

She came back more than 5 minutes later. We ordered drinks - a root beer and a free 5 oz sample of beer. I saw her pour the beer from the tap, and it sat up on the bar while she kept running into the back and then back to the bar area again. Five minutes or more later, she brought our (now warm and flat) beer and root beer. She took our order - I ordered Potato Soup and my husband ordered a Chicken Sandwich.

15 minutes goes by, and I hear someone from the table that was just seated behind me order the Potato Soup. This waitress (different from ours) told them they were all out of the Potato Soup. I figured I must have gotten the last since I ordered 15 minutes ago.

10 more minutes goes by. Our waitress heads over to a table that ordered long after we did and told them they were out of the soup. She then went into the back again, and then came back out and over to our table. She gave me this sappy look and said, "You're going to hate me... We're out of the soup... Would you like the chili." This was a good HALF HOUR after we ordered.

I had my 2 year old daughter with us who was climbing the walls at this point. We left a few bucks for the root beer and just left. Clearly, if they didn't have the soup at noon when I ordered, they never had it to begin with. It was a terrble experience.

2 Thank eyelove2eat
NJ
“Good Beer, Not So Great Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2007

We ate here with quite a large group of 15 in late August. They were very accommodating to take a reservation and seat us right away. Our waitress was nice and attentive. Everyone in our party started out with a free 5oz beer sampler (the kids got their choice of a free 5oz root beer or cream soda). The apps were OK and had many choices from soft pretzels to goulash soup. Dinner left a lot to be desired. Maybe the problem was that most of our party was from Austria and looking for a great German meal. The goulash was a little too spicy and the spaetzle were rubbery and tasteless. Most of the meat was stringy, although the weinerschnitzel was tasty. The kids got mac and cheese that were fried which they seemed to enjoy. Overall, the restaurant is just OK, not exactly a great German restaurant by any means.

1 Thank Moms2