“Good wine!”

Sanctuary Vineyards
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stopped in at the tasting area in the High Cotton store in Kill Devil Hills. The gentleman there was very pleasnt and the wines were good. They have a whole bunch of different wines to sample. I stuck with the dry wines. They also have a number of sweet wines. I brochure we saw about them said they were 1/4 mile down the street from High Cotton. They were actually inside the High Cotton store.

2  Thank Bruce J
in 15 reviews
"muscadine"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We went there early in the day, there wasn't much going on. The fellow behind the counter was very knowledgable. I'm not a wine guy, but he knew his stuff. He told us about the wine, and what grapes were used, etc. He asked us some questions and made suggestions. I ended up buying some bottles, there were a couple I liked.
They had some event at the bar next door later in the day, but I was unable to make it. It sounded like it might have been fun.

1  Thank timeinhell
Reviewed August 2, 2012

If you are on your way south to the Outer Banks, NC or on your way north from there, do not miss the opportunity to visit this recently open a gem of the vineyard! wine tasting is free, and accompanied by the very intelligent narrative by very friendly and knowledgeable stuff, who will work you through the process of wine making, tell you about the soil, grapes (growing on site), and the wines are vary from dry to sweet whites and reds. We purchased "The Plank" ($15.00 a bottle) - sweet red that reminds me of Italian Lambrusco. Wines are $10-15 a bottle, with 10% discount for half a case and 20% for 12 bottles. The hall is tastefully designed, and we trully enjoyed it!

2  Thank Blendedbunch
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Delicious locally made wine and great events throughout the year including live music, great wine and beautiful setting. A great way to unwind!

1  Thank Janice F