Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville
Sunset Inn(Jacksonville)(Great Value!)
$58
$104
Hampton.com
MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune(Jacksonville)(Great Value!)
$110
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville(Jacksonville)(Great Value!)
$77
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune(Jacksonville)(Great Value!)
$60
$48
SuburbanHotels
Rodeway Inn and Suites(Jacksonville)(Great Value!)
$54
$84
TownePlace Suites
$81
ExtendedStay
All reviewscamp lejeunesweet teapancake machineroom was cleancinnamon rollsmiles down the roadtaco bellan older hoteldollar treestayed for one nightcontinental breakfastevery morningbiscuits and gravywould stay here againnice staystaff was very friendly and helpfuloutdoor pool
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Dark, Dank, Drab, Worn, and Musty. One Star hotel disguised as a Holiday Inn Express which apparently was recently "patched". Lipstick on a pig if you ask me. My wife agreed that the hotel was very disappointing.

Room Tip: Choose a Different Hotel.
Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TelecommuteTraveler
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Hotel was very clean and personnel extremely helpful. Price was a bit more than some other "motels" in the area but the rooms were comfy and clean. I had a reservation at another hotel "Baymont Inn" around the corner. Long story short, they lost my reservation and couldn't accommodate me. I got on the phone and within 5 minutes had a room at HIE for two nights. Further, when I explained what had happened at the Baymont, they asked what rate I was paying so they could help me out on price PLUS they applied my AAA discount to boot. Absolutely stellar customer service! While we were there, they even called the room on the second day to make sure we were happy with our stay.

The only thing that would have made this stay 5 stars? The really super-cool pancake machine was out of order :-( The service really was 5 stars but my disappointment with wanting to use the machine made me have to go to iHop to get my hotcake fix.

All in all, if you need a place to stay, don't want a "motel" experience with wet floors or weird odor or lost reservations.... I HIGHLY recommend the Holiday Inn Express...

Room Tip: Higher floors (like the 4th floor) have less water pressure for the showers so...if you like that high pressure massage, don't go above the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My family and I stayed here for one night and were disappointed that this location wasn't up to HIX standards. Very run-down and "felt" dirty, even if it was clean. A little overpriced as well. Bizarrely, there is a prime parking spot for Employee of the Month– I know they want to encourage their employees, but when you run a business where your customers carry luggage, every spot is valuable.

If you can afford it, the Home2 Suites nearby is a much better choice.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank matthewsmith99
Reviewed July 16, 2012

After frantically trying to find a hotel in wilmington for three hours we finally found a place to stay. The holiday was everything we needed and more. The rooms were clean, the staff so friendly and the beds were extremely comfortable. I will definitely keep this in mind for next year. The next morning we went to topsail beach which is only 30 minutes away. Will a bit of a trek it is more than worth it

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Location - On Hwy 17/Marine. Lots of stores and restaurants within walking distance.
Bathroom - The ceiling is very low in the shower and the door opens in, which makes the bathroom even smaller than it is already. The water pressure and temp were great. The tub was pretty scratched up and the toilet ran. I left a note to repair and called, but it was never fixed. A makeup mirror and better hair dryer are needed.
Bedroom - Neither the bed nor the pillows )crushed foam) were comfortable and the sheets were worn thin. It had a flat screen TV. A small microwave sat on top of a small refrigerator - no cabinet or shelf. An upholstered chair and small side table were provided. The A/C was quiet, but didn't cool well. A full length mirror and open closet are provided - only a couple of hangers though.
Business - the WiFi connection issues were ok and there were plenty of outlets in convenient locations. A work desk is available. One public computer is available in the lobby. Newspaper are in the lobby, not delivered to door.
Housekeeping - OK, Left 2 regular and no decaf coffee paks. Laundry machines are located in the back foyer by the vending machines and door to pool. (I don't know that I'd leave my clothes unattended.)
Breakfast - standard continental included in rate - starts at 6AM.
Fitness - No fitness center; however, you are given access to a club 2 miles away or the neighboring Candlewood Suites' fitness center, which has 1 treadmil, 1 elipticle, 1 bike and a weight machine.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 10's and 20's are near elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business