“TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!!!”

Baymont Inn & Suites/Camp Lejeune
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Cumming, Georgia, United States
“TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

My 82 year old father and I stayed at this hotel. We were in Jacksonville for my son's graduation at Camp Lejeune. The air conditioner was not working, the bathroom light did not work and when we notified the office, nothing was done. Also, the room smelled like a few dogs (the four legged kind) had been sleeping inside for a week or two. With the smell, lack of air conditioning, and the non-working light this was the worst hotel experience I have ever had! The front office people were very nice and apparently the Problem here is the General Manager. I feel for these people having to deal with the guest complaints and not being able to help them. I believe a change in management may be needed......but who am I? I'm just a paying customer....

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites/Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Cheryl C,

As an involved and concerned hospitality manager, I am always concerned by a comment from a guest that involves an experience that was less than perfect with my hotel.

First, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies that your visit to our hotel did not start off the way we would have liked for it to. I know the issue with the bathroom light was frustrating and that our team members did attempt to address this to make it right. Unfortunately, the light did have a delay to it and to correct the issue it required a replacement. As my engineering team was not available, I personally handled this replacement to insure that we minimized the inconvenience for you. I have noted the other comments you have outlined and I have spoken to our housekeeping management to insure that when we do have pets visit us that we follow our established procedures of having carpets cleaned and deodorized when the guests depart. There are times when guests will bring their little ones with them and not advise us which does create an issue, but our room attendants generally bring this issue to the supervisor's attention.

Every one of our dedicated team, starting with myself, wants every guest to have an enjoyable and comfortable experience. I regret that we were not able to provide that for you during your visit to our city. I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly and have the ability to correct this for you as you were not satisfied. I would like to extend an invitation to you to contact me at your convenience so that I may assist you further. I hope that you will allow us the pleasure of assisting you as we would very much like to have you with us again in the future whenever you visit our beautiful city.

Yours in hospitality,

The Baymont Inn & Suites General Manager and Team Members

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Taylorsville, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

This property is very close to Camp LeJune plus an Applebees across the parking lot. Also lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. It seemed like safe area with lots of green space to walk dogs. We stayed over a holiday week end and enjoyed exploring the area so rich in ameri an history.

• Stayed February 2013
Kati H, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites/Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed not only your stay at our hotel, but also the beautiful area we have the pleasure of being located in. We are also proud to be able to extend our hospitality to pets as well! I sincerely appreciate you taking to time to communicate these positive things in regards to our hotel and look forward to serving you in the future!