“Great food, great price, one of the best in Jacksonville.”
Review of Mai Tai Restaurant

Mai Tai Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 253 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Best buffet in area. Numerous selections. Food is always hot. Staff is great. Food tastes authentic, not like 'cafeteria' food.

There are newer reviews for Mai Tai Restaurant

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Apparently, you either like it or you don't. I've liked it for 28 of their 30 years in Jacksonville. David has been around a long, long time, and he surely must not eat at the Mai Tai because he is super thin. They've recently added a Hibachi Grill, but I haven't tried it. The Sushi is minimal in quantity. The draw is the buffet. Good salad and dessert bars, and they have assorted Chinese, and non-Chinese (or even Oriental for that matter) selections. I've always loved the chicken wings. The tea may be watered down, or not. My cousin fell out of love with this restaurant, but I have not. It does have much more competition.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I love a good buffet and this is one of the best I've had in a long time. This is a large buffet with all of the typical Chinese buffet offerings along with a few assorted items such as pasta and friend flounder. I sampled almost everything and was extremely impressed with it all! This place has been here for 30 years, so they have to be doing something right! The cost for my buffet and drink was less than $15.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

The food used to be on point very fresh and so tasty.. in the post two years it has gone down hill.. I took my son there for his birthday because he loved going there. The eagles greeted or party face us it stinks and never returned except to hand us the bill.. the food was old the chicken was hard and tasted funny.. the fresh food on the hibachi was definitely not fresh the desert was the same old thing out of the box pies.. left over cake from a week ago..very dry and displeasing.. my son was very disappointed this time and we haven't been back since... I don't know if there is a new crew in the kitchen but I hope they get this fixed ASAP... I CAN'T RECOMMEND THIS TI ANY IF MY FAMILY MEMBERS ANYMORE WHEN THEY COME FOR THE FAMILY REUNION.. really looking forward and praying for a serious change in the did and a few of the staff

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Reminded me of food at festivals on Guam... was great food for the $ too. Was a little leary of the neighborhood but, don't let it fool you.