“Not great”

Red Lobster
Ranked #168 of 259 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I have eaten at many Red Lobsters over the years so when I moved to this area I was excited to see that there was one here. My very first visit there was not a good one. The service was very slow and the food was not good at all. The prices are expensive. Corporate needs to work on this one and get it up to par with the rest of them.

Give them a try though, maybe you will be there on a good day. Enjoy!

Reviewed January 12, 2012

I felt that i did not get enough food for what I spent, although the food was good. Staff was very nice.

Reviewed December 10, 2011

We went on a Friday night with Family. The pictures on the menu are much more appetizing than what came to our table. The biscuits and appetizers were the highlight and we were not disappointed there, but all the entrees were much smaller in portions and lacking taste. The fish was bland, shrimp was small and a bit dry, scallops very tiny too. I guess we expected more with the prices they charged. If you go for biscuits, appetizers and drinks you can't go wrong but anything else you may be disappointed in portion, taste for the price.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

We had the snow crab legs and they were excellent with good service from our waitress. The bar was a disappointment though. Poor service, dirty bar, dirty tables that were never bused, overpriced booze.

Reviewed March 9, 2010

My husband and grandson treated me to dinner here on 2/25 for my birthday. I was please that Lobsterfest was going on and ordered a shrimp scampi, crab leg and lobster meal with a baked potato and salad as sides.

We order the Lobster Pizza for our grandson as well as a crab stuffed mushroom appetizer for hubby. Hubby got the surf and turf dinner also with a baked potato.

The food was hot and fresh when brought to the table, however, there was so much food to enjoy my crab legs did get cold while I ate other things. The waitress was happy to re-steam them for me. In fact, she was quite amazing. She was busy with several large tables and still managed to find the time to smile and be attentive to each and every one without complaint. The Maine lobster tail I had was just a tad but tough but otherwise everything was very good. Hubby said everything about his meal was excellent and his steak was cooked perfectly to his liking.

For dessert, she brought us out a huge piece of the chocolatiest cake you could ever imagine with a large scoop of ice cream and 3 spoons and had her fellow wait staff in tow to sing "Happy Birthday".

The bill for the two of us and our 23 month old grandson totaled roughly $80 including a generous tip. I don't think that is too bad for a birthday celebration as I have paid more for less at other places.