“Clean Comfortable Friendly Staff”

MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I slept very comfortably, I appreciated all their services the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the room. The use of the internet I was able to print my tickets for my flight Most of all the service of bringing me to the airport in the morning arriving at 4:00 a.m. promptly. I would have made arrangements before arriving to pick me up from the airport. I wasn't sure after arriving, if, I could of used their service. Therefore, I arranged my own transportation this was an expensive cost of 41.00 dollars. There service of bringing me was excellent for both me and my family whom I came to visit due to bereavement..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thanks for staying with us! Glad our friendly staff made your stay great! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

My kids and I went to visit my boyfriend who is stationed at camp lejeune. It was further from the base than I thought but that was no big deal. We were there for Veterans Day weekend so the hotel was pretty full. We got the last suite. Our first night there was a party going on next door. We had someone ring the handicap bell and run. Later we had a very drunk guy ring it and he said he had to ring it because it's the only room that had a door bell (drunk logic) we explained it's a handicap bell and he apologized and said he'd make sure no one else rang it. He must have said something to the other ppl because no one else rang our bell. However most of the night we heard the party going on even over the movie we were watching. We felt like maybe it was just loud because it was so many ppl. Wrong. The whole weekend you could hear every step anyone took next to us and felt like we had to be on egg shells. With kids that is hard to do. I'm sure someone around us wished we would tie our kids to chairs. They were excited and hyper about being down there and spending time as a family unit on 'vacation' and anyone that has kids can say that's a 'fun' combo. Aside from all that the room itself was very nice. We had a nice cozy king bed in the bedroom and the pull out sofa was a decent size despite the fact the sofa was on the small side. My only issue was there was no other chair except the desk chair for seating. The bathroom was huge. The kitchen area very nice but no where to sit and eat. Except for the desk. Rates were good and hotel was nice. If they could have done more noise insulation this hotel would have been way better.

Stayed: November 2013

Thanks for staying with us! We apologize about the noise on the very busy Veterans Day weekend. Glad our friendly staff and spacious rooms made your stay great! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We were visiting our Marine son to bring him furniture for his new apartment. We stayed two nights in a king sized suite with kitchenette. Everything we could possibly need was included! The bed was comfortable and the kitchenette was completely equipped. Our only issue was a water pressure issue with the shower but we didn't bring this to their attention because we were so tired from traveling that we decided to just deal with it. The staff was excellent and very friendly. Military friendly also.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Christina M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Our team is happy that you enjoyed your king suite. I looked intot he comment you made regarding the water pressure. The city said they were doing pipe upgrades in the neighborhood behind us and we would experience low pressure during this project. I apologize you did not have the best pressure. We look forward to serving you in the future and with renewed water pressure.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Visited our grandchildren and loved our stay. Clean and comfortable. Comfortable and roomy King size bed. nice kitchen area. Friendly staff and nice courtyard with fire pit. Close to all the restaurants too! Will definitely stay there again in the future.

2  Thank gradyjack
Christina M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am happy to hear that your stay was comfortable and our staff took great care of you and your grandchildren. We look forward to seeing you on your future visits.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We visited MainStay Suites for a 2 night stay over Labor Day weekend to visit my fiances family in the area. I chose this hotel since my company partners with the hotel for discount pricing and I am very glad we chose this property as it is brand new for 2013. When we walked into the hotel, we were promptly greeted and checked-in within just 2-3 minutes. Exactly what we wanted after a 9+ hour drive. The room was oversized including the kitchen area and the bathroom which is always a wonderful perk. The kitchen was equipped with a dishwasher, 2 burners, microwave and full size fridge and utensils. The best part of the room was the bed; we slept soundly for the 2 nights that we were there on the most comfortable bed! The only advice that I could offer the hotel is for the free breakfast; a hot breakfast option would be wonderful after a long trip. The fire pit and bean bag toss was an additional perk to the hotel and a great way to unwind. There is no question about where we will be staying in the Jacksonville area in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Christina M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

We are so glad you had a peaceful stay at our property. Thank you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and the amenities you took advantage of. Our team looks forward to serving you and your fiancé in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The MainStay Suites at Camp Lejeune, NC, was a nice place to stay for a night. It is very new, everything looks nice, rooms well-equipped, etc. The bed was comfortable. There was a kitchenette with a microwave, fridge, cooktop, and a few dishes. Even though we were adjacent to the "fire pit" outdoors, which was a gathering place for younger residents, the room was quiet.

Service was good. Price was good. Location was just fine.

Now for the cautionary note: Being somewhat familiar with decorating and construction and building materials and the like, it dawned on me fairly quickly that every possible corner had been cut in the construction and appointment of this hotel. That's not a big deal for a property less than a year old. But in five years, I expect this place will be pretty run down.

1  Thank pfafftonian
Christina M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Our team is happy to hear that you enjoyed your service as well as the amenities in the room. The fire pit area on the patio is always a great place to relax and enjoy the fresh air.

I understand your concern in regards to the construction, however I can assure you that corners were not cut. And our team works continually to maintain and improve our hotel for our guests.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Great property, very helpful staff, new/clean and well kept.
Was a little skeptical when making reservation, only a 2 star but good reviews...we went for it and we were very pleased. Good bed, great pillows, and an very livable efficiency room...I was very comfortable...has to be the best 2 star ever.

The breakfast is continental...cereal and bagels, juice and coffee...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate your gracious comments. Thank you for taking the chance on us and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Jacksonville.