“Very Comfortable”

Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
San Clemente, California
“Very Comfortable”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a new, very clean facility. Our room was very comfortable and quiet. The mini kitchen is stocked very basically. There is no bottle or wine opener, for example. The bar downstairs was very accommodating though and lent us a corkscrew. Staff are very nice. We will definitely stay here when our son returns from deployment in November.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank wagr
Christina M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We have taken note of not having the cork screw/wine opener and will find a solution whether to put them in the rooms or have them available at the desk upon request. We can not wait to see you back in November! Please let your son know we appreciate all that he does for our country!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I was invited to an Event for Camp Lejeune & this hotel was the host property!! It was more than I had expected!! There was a catered dinner from a local restaurant called Ducks, the food was amazing, there was a beautiful- large courtyard with the most beautiful natural gas fire pit and ample cushioned seating for many people!! lighted tent, beautiful centerpieces- I think their sales girl made them, they have a full bar & lounge with a liquor license & A bartender & were more hospitable than any hotel event I've ever attended & I travel a lot!!!! The whole hotel was classy & the Sales Director Lisa Bolton mingled with all of us, sent me an e-mail thanking us for coming, our group was just dumbfounded!! Nothing but pleasantness! The rooms were decked out with a full kitchen- and I mean FULL!! There were even pull out sleeper sofas!! Plus it was cleaner than I'd seen in such a very long time!! 24 hr coffee & tea & hot chocolate !! Continental breakfast was great, and NOW they have a DENNY'S ON PROPERTY! It's right next to tons of shopping & restaurants AND they have a shuttle for FREE that takes you to that Ducks restaurant for free & a ride back! I was able to wash my clothes before I left & work out in a nice clean workout room :). I was very impressed!! Also, I forgot a few snacks & personal items & they have a little shop open 24 hrs where I could buy them!! I heard that if your military they even allow the government rate! My group had such a great time & the beds--- whoa!! The comments from when they first opened have been corrected with pillow tops or something because mine was so comfy! I will choose this hotel EVERYTIME I'm in Jacksonville on business or with my kids! They are close to beaches & shopping & dining & help you no matter what you ask! AND.... My room had granite in the whole thing! I stayed at another hotel recently (no names) but this is definitely the BEST AMENITIES for the price! I will be back! Don't look it over:)). sincerely , Happy guests! Don't skip over this place for sure!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Biznisslady
Our team is estatic about your review, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay and our great location. Please join us for our Managers Reception on Tuesday evenings, I would love to meet you. Till next time...thank you again for your comments.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Nice new hotel. Large clean room only hotel in Jacksonville with bar in lobby. Full kitchen in room was great and 24 hr Denny's on property with room service wow. That was a first in Jacksonville. Also nice little gym and courtyard in back with fire pit, surrounded by comfy chairs, barbecue pit and tables with umbrellas. One night I was at hotel they had a wonderful little wedding of about 100 people. Had tent set up and was beautifully decorated. Great hotel at unbeatable price !!!

Room Tip: I loved the one bedroom suite with 2 40 inch flat screens great for long stay and to have guests ov...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Travelma1
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. Our patio area is a great place to hold an event! The great thing about the one bedroom is being able to close the door, no fighting over TV's. It was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to your return.
North Carolina
Reviewed March 18, 2013

MainStay Suites in Jacksonville, NC just opened earlier this year. In fact they are still completing some of the rooms. Hotel is in a convenient location and is quiet. The entrance drive is a little hidden by a nearby Denny's so watch carefully for the turn. As the hotel is new the rooms are in great shape. They are roomy and well equipped. In room kitchen facilities are well equipped, clean, and convenient. Staff is very helpful and friendly.

Unusual for this class hotel is the lounge. It is nice and is convenient to an outdoor patio area with a fire pit. A gathering of friends would find this useful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TheRodg
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future! Please join us on Tuesday evenings for our Managers Reception.
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We have stayed in several different hotels in Jacksonville, NC, when we've visited our son and his family who live there. Of the three others we've stayed at - two were fine and one was noisy, but all were pricey to my way of thinking for staying in Jacksonville. I mean, it's not exactly a resort town -- and there are lots of hotels there. That being said, we're so happy with the newest addition to the many hotels in the town. The MainStay just opened in January, so of course it is new and nice. Let me tell you more about this gem:

The price is right, for one thing. Our senior rate was $79 plus tax (making it $90). The previous places we stayed were $90 or more before tax. In addition, this hotel is much nicer than the more expensive ones we've stayed in before. I mean, you could cook a meal in this room if you wanted to do so. It's basically a studio apartment. There is a mini-kitchen complete with two burners, microwave, toaster, full frig, sink and dishes. Although we didn't use the kitchen, I was impressed that it was there.

There was also a comfortable small sofa and the bed itself was very comfortable. I had read where the beds were a bit hard and also that you could request a "topper" be put on the bed. I requested that when I booked the room and sure enough, it was put on that morning before we arrived. The topper was a two-inch piece of foam that made the bed super comfortable. I can't say what it would have felt like without the topper, but "ask and ye shall receive."

Another plus was how quiet our room was. We had room 219, which is tucked at the end of a short hall and has no hotel rooms adjacent to it. There is a window wall, an exterior wall and a wall next to the stairway - which no one but us used. The only noise was from the refrigerator that turned on and off as refrigerators do. I would have been happy to unplug it, but it didn't cause me to lose any sleep. We have been in other hotels there where the traffic noise was really bad. We didn't even hear any traffic noise.

The hotel is located behind Denny's, so is convenient if you wish to walk there and eat dinner or more than the continental breakfast they provide. They had oatmeal, cereal, bagels and muffins, along with juices, etc. The dining area is quite attractive (and offers 6 big screen televisions side by side so that you won't miss a thing!) and is adjacent to a small bar that is open in the evenings for those who'd like a drink. There is also a very nice seating area on a large patio behind the hotel, along with a firepit.

Lastly, the staff we encountered, both in the evening and the morning, were both super-nice! They were friendly and helpful and could not have been better ambassadors for their hotel or the city. Kudos to you ladies!

All in all, I highly recommend a stay at the new MainStay Suites. It will be my "main stay" hotel during future visits to Jacksonville!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoyfulWriter
Christina M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
We are ecstatic you made our hotel your choice while in Jacksonville.I am pleased to know that the topped was the right touch for you to have a comfortable night sleep. With our Serta Mattresses being new they are a firmer. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and am happy that you were able to have a compfortable stay while your visiting your son. Our team can't wait for you to be able to come visit your son again and stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.and we look forward to seeing you.
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

What can I say about this place?! Amazing friendly staff who did every thing I asked of them. Rooms were spotless! Rooms have plates, silverware, glasses, mugs, dishwasher, full refrigerator, stove and everything was clean! I can't speak for the bed because I didn't sleep in it and the room could be a bit bigger for 4 people but I'll still stay here everytime I'm in Jacksonville and its my hometown so I go there at least once a year. The lobby looks great! There's a lounge with flat screens and sofas, there's a bar in the hotel, the back of the hotel has an outside lounge with like an outdoor fireplace, even the restrooms downstairs were always clean and smelled great! I would like to see them get more vending machines and ice machines, it is a bee new hotel so they may still be working on things. They also need a bigger workout facility but none of that would stop me from staying there based on service and cleanliness alone, this is the place to stay and I usually pick apart and shred hotels in my reviews lol. I look for every little thing only because if I'm paying my money to stay there I want to be cad comfortable as possible and cleanliness makes all the difference for me!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank KHinesMusic
Hi, Thank you for making us your hotel of Choice! Our staff was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the service and cleanliness we provided you. You mentioned that the room was a bit small for four people. If you haven't already tried, our rooms with two queen beds is very spacious and comfortable. Next time you come we'd love for you to try it. It is our pleasure to have you as a return guest and look forward to your next visit.
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I just stayed at the new MainStay while my house was being painted. Being a local resident I was curious. I found a wonderful place away from home. The front desk greeted me with courteous and a pleasant smile. She informed me of the many amenities on the property. One of the best things was the courtyard with a fire pit. We enjoyed a glass of wine in the courtyard. They also have a small but quaint lounge with a pleasant bartender. We walked to dinner to the newly opened Denny's. Then back to the room. It is very nicely decorated. Granite shower and bath was a plus. A full kitchen area is always an added bonus. I will assuredly refer others to the MainStay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Foundum
Thank you so much for your Wonderful comments. Our team is very excited that you enjoyed your stay as well as the beautiful Patio. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your home repainting. We look forward to seeing you again.