“Expansive menu with fantastic prices”
Review of Cheddar's

Cheddar's
Ranked #16 of 249 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Expansive menu with fantastic prices”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I didn't think I'd like this place going in. Come on, a restaurant named after a cheese? I expected lots of fatty and unhealthy foods. The name reminded me of Arby's Beef N Cheddar.

How wrong I was!

The menu has LOTS of healthy options: salads, fish, chicken and several steak items. I was shocked at the prices and do not know how these folks stay in business. The first night I got a small steak, salad and two sides for under $10! Yes, you read that right - UNDER $10. Since then I have been back for lunch and another dinner and will be going back again. Prices are right and food is tasty. I wish we had one of these at home.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank GuyfromILMNC

Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Nice restaurant, but the service isn't.”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have been to Cheddars 4 times. The first time with 2 other ladies and 2 of the 4 items we wanted to order they were out of. Next with my kids, ok. The following time with my husband and our server forgot us TWICE. So the final time was my birthday lunch and the server was horrible, but very sweet. First we all came at different times so he waite until we all arrives to get drinks. Then forgot the tea bags but brought hot water, never did get those tea bags. Then the silverware was dirty (yucky piece of lettuce wrapped around a steak knife) and never got new silverware. Luckily several ordered sandwiches so we had to barter for utensils and finally 3 of the orders were really wrong. Order no cheese get no onion, ordered carrots got garlic mashed potatoes.

Sorry, there's 100 other restaurants on Weatern. Not going here again

1 Thank msjnx
Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
“Won't be back and happy to tell a friend”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The service was beyond bad. It was so bad, in fact that I wrote a letter to the corporate office. It's a great looking restaurant, but that is the only positive I can list.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Tracy D
Emerald Isle, NC
“Great Place for Normal Meal”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I visited Cheddar's for the first time yesterday. It is a chain restaurant, but once you get inside the front door that idea ends. It is very nice inside, the staff is young, enthusiastic, and have been trained to be very service oriented. The prices are very reasonable, and the quality and flavor are above average. Portions are generous, refills on tea & coffee endless, and even though it was busy evening we never felt rushed so they could turn the table. Price for two complete dinners with ice tea & coffee, and one dessert was under $30 including tax and take home boxes. They also try to seat families in one section and adults in another.

New Bern, North Carolina
“Best Value in Town!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I ate at this restaurant on Friday evening with seven friends. Although we had to wait about twenty minutes for seating it was worth every second of that time! The food is fantastic with plentiful portions, and it is inexpensive. Over the past twenty-five years we have eaten in most of Jacksonville's many restaurants, but not one of them compares to Cheddar's for value. We are headed back to Cheddar's again next Friday and highly recommend this establishment.