“First Time But Not the Last!”
Review of Forkful

Forkful
Ranked #47 of 253 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: We are quick service restaurant serving freshly made all natural foods. Our flavors are created with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables to create a delicious filling meal. Everything is made from scratch on the premise. Just to name a few favorites . . . Chimichurri Steak, Marinated Chicken, Italian Pulled Pork, Ginger Roasted Salmon, Buffalo Chicken, this list goes on. Stop by and enjoy lunch or dinner or catch our food truck on the go! We are a gluten free heaven never adding unnecessary ingredients. Eat it! Love it! Crave it!
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for lunch for the first time recently. What a pleasant surprise! Jacksonville is heavy on chain restaurants and fast food and I am really looking for a more unique experience and I found it here at Forkful.

It is a casual seating restaurant, you order your main dish at the counter and pick your toppings similar to a Subway line style then you pay and sit down. You can choose a wrap, salad, pasta as your main style of dish. There might have been more options but I was sold on the wrap. You then walk down the line and pick as many toppings as you want to add after picking your main theme of either chicken (they had two styles), chimchurri beef, tofu, the list goes on. The selection of toppings was fresh, diverse and plentiful and mostly organic. I would have picked more but my wrap was getting too huge. You end with a dressing of some type. I tried a lemon vinaigrette and my husband likes spicy so he had a southwest theme.

For the wrap that was too large for me to finish, a bag of pita chips and hummus and also a drink with free refills it was $8.35. I could be off by a penny or two. For me this value can not be beat. The veggies and toppings were all fresh and tasty and most of all.... Healthy. The hummus tasted homemade too. For you vegan people out there the menu had vegan options and also gluten free. I never expected to be able to order a vegan dish in Jacksonville, not that I would.

If I had to pick something to critique at all I would only say that based on my particular experience it was a little confusing at first. I didn't know the concept or what my options were and although the gentleman making my wrap was super polite and nice he wasn't overly helpful when I got a little confused over what I was supposed to say or do. He just smiled at me. That's okay though. I like smiles and I quickly figured it out. It would be really helpful though to have a sign with guidance on what the process is OR have employees ask if it is your first time and if so walk you through it just once. "First you pick one of these options, then add this or any of these" type of thing.

I am happy to have found this place and would recommend it to everyone! I plan on taking my son next! Thanks Forkful!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I've been to this place a few times for lunch as oppose to going to other restaurants like Applebee's or Logans. The price of the food is comparable to the price of lunch at those restaurants. It's about $9.00 for your choice of entree - salad, pasta, wrap, etc with your choice of meat and toppings, chips, and a medium size drink. The chips are Stacey's Pita chips. This was disappointing as their hummus and guacamole look to be made from scratch and the hummus is good. This place would be much better if they made their chips from scratch. In addition to store brought chips a lot of their toppings are from a can. This too was really disappointing. From the look of the menu, which offers vegetarian and maybe one or two gluten free options (usually something like soup) I wouldn't expect any of their food to come from a can. I first began eating here because I thought it would be a healthier alternative for lunch when I didn't pack my own but it's not. It's just a better fast food alternative. I stopped going because I felt like the price was too high to pay for processed food. If they would start making all of their toppings and chips from scratch and invest in organic ingredients this could be a good place to stop and eat for a healthier meal. As it is it's just a better place than a fast food joint and for the price you can find tastier and healthier options at other restaurants.

Forkful, Owner at Forkful, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

I am sorry to hear of your misinterpretation of our concept and restaurant. Everything except the Chips and Wraps are made from scratch in house. We have 32 fresh vegetables and fruits in our restaurant at all times! We don't use organic exclusively but use organic as often as possible.

We use nothing processed and no preservatives. 90% of our menu is gluten free with a minimum of 30 items offered everyday and vegan choices of at least 24. We have delicious gluten free wraps, chips, cookies as well as all of our protein -- gluten free too! Feel free to pickup a menu with all the symbols showing vegan and gluten free options. We use only black olives and beans from a can because the quality is better that way.

Eat it! Love it! Crave it!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Extremely friendly staff, great atmosphere, clean environment, great prices, and delicious food! My wife and I eat here all the time. They have vegan and vegetarian options as well.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

After you've had all the starchy foods you can handle go here for some healthy fare. Vegan too. Delicious wraps. Pick your fillings just like subway. If you order the soup I would suggest to taste the soup first if possible. I got the apple sweet potatoe and it didn't taste much like sweet potatoes, couldn't eat it. Should have tried the black bean.......will definitely go back.

Forkful, Owner at Forkful, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for your review. Black Bean soup is our house soup and loved by many. Anytime you order something in Forkful that you dislike we urge you to bring it to our attention and change it for something you love! There is no reason to eat something here you don't love!!! We are also happy and encourage people to sample any of our items as they are ordering.
Eat it! Love it! Crave it!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Did not know what to expect when entering Forkful and initially overwhelmed by what is offered. Once over the initial shock of so many options, it was a wonderful experience. Going down the line and seeing so many options to add to your wrap or salad was a treat. I particularly was impressed by the fact that so much was freshly prepared. This place reminds me of Amy's flaming burritos in Wilmington but has a healthier flair to it. (now if Forkful could provide the bohemian atmosphere of Amy's, you'd never be able to get in the place). It's one place in Jville that you can be assured of gettin in and out in a hurry if you need to. As mentioned above, the only negative is the lack of ambience. I know that this will be one of my go to places. Well done.