“A pleasant difference for Jacksonville”
Review of Forkful

Forkful
Ranked #47 of 253 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: We are quick service restaurant serving freshly made all natural foods. Our flavors are created with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables to create a delicious filling meal. Everything is made from scratch on the premise. Just to name a few favorites . . . Chimichurri Steak, Marinated Chicken, Italian Pulled Pork, Ginger Roasted Salmon, Buffalo Chicken, this list goes on. Stop by and enjoy lunch or dinner or catch our food truck on the go! We are a gluten free heaven never adding unnecessary ingredients. Eat it! Love it! Crave it!
Reviewed July 9, 2013

After you've had all the starchy foods you can handle go here for some healthy fare. Vegan too. Delicious wraps. Pick your fillings just like subway. If you order the soup I would suggest to taste the soup first if possible. I got the apple sweet potatoe and it didn't taste much like sweet potatoes, couldn't eat it. Should have tried the black bean.......will definitely go back.

Forkful, Owner at Forkful, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for your review. Black Bean soup is our house soup and loved by many. Anytime you order something in Forkful that you dislike we urge you to bring it to our attention and change it for something you love! There is no reason to eat something here you don't love!!! We are also happy and encourage people to sample any of our items as they are ordering.
Eat it! Love it! Crave it!

There are newer reviews for Forkful

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Did not know what to expect when entering Forkful and initially overwhelmed by what is offered. Once over the initial shock of so many options, it was a wonderful experience. Going down the line and seeing so many options to add to your wrap or salad was a treat. I particularly was impressed by the fact that so much was freshly prepared. This place reminds me of Amy's flaming burritos in Wilmington but has a healthier flair to it. (now if Forkful could provide the bohemian atmosphere of Amy's, you'd never be able to get in the place). It's one place in Jville that you can be assured of gettin in and out in a hurry if you need to. As mentioned above, the only negative is the lack of ambience. I know that this will be one of my go to places. Well done.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have now ate here several times and have taken a different person with me every time. Everybody has loved it.

The first time I went, the young lady behind the counter explained the "process of choices", so I went with a wrap. I tried a lot of things I had never had before, like the chimichurri steak, black bean medley and the roasted walnut pesto. Then I threw in all the things I love like spinach, cucumbers, olives and a bunch of other yummies. I was amazed as to how tight that young lady could wrap that wrap. It was the biggest wrap I have ever seen and the most delicious wrap I have ever had!

Now when I go, I get a salad instead - it's piled pretty darn high and just as good as the wrap!

I love dining at family restaurants and this is one of the best! My first time there I had the privilege of having the youngest daughter ring up my order. As she stood on a step stool in order to reach the "computer register", she taught me how to "sign" for my purchase.

Was pretty busy, but they kept it clean. I hate eating at a place that doesn't clean the dining room because it's the lunch rush. Great food, family/friendly environment - what's not to love about it!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have been enjoying Forkful since its opening last summer. We have never had a bad meal here and the service is always friendly and helpful. Moreover, the atmosphere is welcoming and modern.

I cannot stress how clean Forkful is. The bathrooms are spotless. The tables and chairs are always clean.

I especially like the fact hat it is locally owned and operated which is a rarity in Jacksonville (support small business!).

As to the food - the choices are varied and fresh. You pick whether you want rice, pasta or a wrap. You then decide on the protein (meat/shrimp, etc). You add in some of the many offerings including black beans, veggies, etc. From there, you pick a finishing dressing or sauce of your choice. The serving is huge and very filling. The staff is always ready to assist with flavor combinations. Somehow, it just all blends so well. You can visit each day for a month and have a different flavor combination each day. The price includes a drink, and some of the best pita chips I have ever had with a side of hummus or salsa. We have also had the home made desserts which have all been excellent. My favorite was the Baklava!

With so many chains and fast food joints in Jacksonville serving pre-processed, pre-packaged, un-inspired food, its refreshing to finally have an alternative that is wholesome, satisfying,varied, delicious, and inexpensive.

Try Forkful the next time you are on Western Boulevard; you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We are here now for dinner. The kids are happy. They liked picking out what they wanted and not being forced to get stuff they don't like! I had, by far, the first healthy meal out in the 7 months we have lived in Jacksonville. Will definitely come back.