“Great lunch and dinner place - healthy and delicious alternative”
Review of Forkful

Forkful
Ranked #47 of 251 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: We are quick service restaurant serving freshly made all natural foods. Our flavors are created with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables to create a delicious filling meal. Everything is made from scratch on the premise. Just to name a few favorites . . . Chimichurri Steak, Marinated Chicken, Italian Pulled Pork, Ginger Roasted Salmon, Buffalo Chicken, this list goes on. Stop by and enjoy lunch or dinner or catch our food truck on the go! We are a gluten free heaven never adding unnecessary ingredients. Eat it! Love it! Crave it!
Eastern NC
“Great lunch and dinner place - healthy and delicious alternative”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have been enjoying Forkful since its opening last summer. We have never had a bad meal here and the service is always friendly and helpful. Moreover, the atmosphere is welcoming and modern.

I cannot stress how clean Forkful is. The bathrooms are spotless. The tables and chairs are always clean.

I especially like the fact hat it is locally owned and operated which is a rarity in Jacksonville (support small business!).

As to the food - the choices are varied and fresh. You pick whether you want rice, pasta or a wrap. You then decide on the protein (meat/shrimp, etc). You add in some of the many offerings including black beans, veggies, etc. From there, you pick a finishing dressing or sauce of your choice. The serving is huge and very filling. The staff is always ready to assist with flavor combinations. Somehow, it just all blends so well. You can visit each day for a month and have a different flavor combination each day. The price includes a drink, and some of the best pita chips I have ever had with a side of hummus or salsa. We have also had the home made desserts which have all been excellent. My favorite was the Baklava!

With so many chains and fast food joints in Jacksonville serving pre-processed, pre-packaged, un-inspired food, its refreshing to finally have an alternative that is wholesome, satisfying,varied, delicious, and inexpensive.

Try Forkful the next time you are on Western Boulevard; you will not be disappointed!

• Visited February 2013

Beaufort, South Carolina
“Finally! Fresh food in Jacksonville!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We are here now for dinner. The kids are happy. They liked picking out what they wanted and not being forced to get stuff they don't like! I had, by far, the first healthy meal out in the 7 months we have lived in Jacksonville. Will definitely come back.

Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Try it you might like it.”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I went with my cousin. He compared it to Chipotle. I don't believe it is a fair comparison. It is a family owned business and they are brand new start up. Its not the same. I would go back though they need to make some improvements. My chicken wasn't just average and the beans were also. I love the decor and the service is wonderful. The owner even works behind the counter! Give it a try. Fresh food made daily and specials on Facebook.

Visited October 2012
“Healthier Alternative for Jacksonville”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Jacksonville has a number of chain restaurants that offer the standard greasy food menu. I really like that Forkful is a very quick, healthy alternative. You can choose a large wheat or white wrap, rice, pasta or salad as a base and then customize with a wide variety of toppings. On my first trip I got a wheat wrap with grilled buffalo chicken (blackboard special), rice, spinach, black beans and corn (spicy), shredded cheese, black olives, diced jalapenos, and spicy ranch dressing. It was delicious and spicy! The current price is $8.36 for a wrap/salad etc, a small bag of pita chips and hummus or salsa and a large fountain drink. I'm a big eater and my combination was very filling. The two girls that I was with couldn't finish their wraps. The other guy I was with ate his and the rest of the girls wraps too. If you're in the mood for a cheeseburger or something fried you do not want to go here - but for lighter fare it is perfect. I will definitely be back.

• Visited December 2012
“Fresh - But Needs Tweaking”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Visited the restaurant shortly after it opened. After receiving a briefing from my lunch partner, and an explanation from the cashier - moved forward with selections. If you don't select well-- your food will not taste great. The rice was disappointing-- very Uncle Ben's like.

This cuisine is very much like what a good cook can fix at home. If you are not a good cook - or not in a position to be fixing meals every day - this is a great restaurant to visit.

Is very busy at lunchtime, but dead in the evenings.

• Visited October 2012